News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Marijuana

Started by Deagonx, April 20, 2011, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

@deagonx:

And then you mentioned how alcohol and tobacco were also both more harmful and addictive (which I'm still not convinced about) than marijuana in response to my comment about how heroin was, at which point I compared the two sets of drugs compared with marijuana, one including tobacco and alcohol, and one including heroin. I said that heroin was more damaging and addictive than either of those, so it's not fair to so closely indirectly compare them as you did.

Are we clear?

Deagonx

No I have no idea what you are rambling about.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

No. I'm not actually rambling, nor was I at any point. Y'see, I was explaining in simple terms exactly what had happened in the discussion, because you had wondered what I was talking about, and at the second occurrence of this (i.e., last post), I decided I was just going to assume you had had two heart attacks, a bout of short term memory loss, and an anuerism, because the subject matter of my monologue was, in fact, entirely understandable, and for clarification, you could have checked previous posts.

Y'see, I said,
Quote from: Demon Duck on April 21, 2011, 03:48:43 PM
But I think we can all agree that heroin is worse for you than marijuana drug... right?

But you said,
Quote from: Deagonx on April 21, 2011, 07:28:47 PM
Right along with alcohol and tobacco, yet they are both legal.

and I responded,
Quote from: Demon Duck on April 21, 2011, 07:55:26 PM
Yes, but they shouldn't be. On the other hand, no, because heroin is much more addicting and harmful than either of the two.

and that's where you got confused. So basically what was said, in simpler terms, was,

"Tobacco, alcohol, and heroin are all more addictive and more harmful than marijuana, but heroin is even more harmful and addicting than all of them."

Understand now?

Deagonx

What I was saying, was that Alcohol and Tobacco are both worse than marijuana, so is heroin. But alcohol and tobacco is legal.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on April 21, 2011, 09:57:51 PM
But alcohol and tobacco is legal.
So then why shouldn't marijuana be legal (Note: I don't support it as I do believe it is dangerous to a certain extent, but still, alcohol and tobacco are deadly)?

Deagonx

That is what I am saying.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, beer is a gateway drug.

You hear about drunk drivers killing people, not about high drivers killing people.

Obviously, no one is ever going to stand for the banning of beer. Why not let people use a more minor 'drug' especially since it really isn't hurting anyone. And if it IS hurting themselves is it not their right to do it?

Can I no longer eat McDonalds because of how greasy it is?
Should I not use my computer as it hurts my eyes?

Maybe its 'unhealthy' but I still enjoy those things. Why not let people enjoy weed?

ArtDrake

You don't hear about high drivers killing people because marijuana is illegal, and monitoring is strict, whereas consumption of alcohol cannot be monitored. However, marijuana-high drivers have a higher fatal-accident rate.

And about gateway drug; most people who are drunkards are fine staying drunkards, but when marijuana's quality starts fluctuating on the streets, people start switching to other drugs.

OI! I stand for the banning of beer! That's one!

About your last set of questions, the answer is this: the examples you provided don't hurt other people. They only hurt you.

Alcohol has a long history of moderation and control. Tobacco has few behavioral effects. Marijuana users, on the other hand, don't seem to be able to smoke pot responsibly, if such a thing is possible. Even if they are, their consumption of the drug funds the Mexican Drug War. Alcohol funds vineyards in Italy, and tobacco funds farmers in the country. Nice, that marijuana drug is.

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on April 21, 2011, 10:04:17 PM
You hear about drunk drivers killing people, not about high drivers killing people.
Probably because people generally get high somewhere safe, where they cannot be found, and, usually, cannot harm themselves or others there, places like their homes, for example.

Obviously, no one is ever going to stand for the banning of beer. Why not let people use a more minor 'drug' especially since it really isn't hurting anyone. And if it IS hurting themselves is it not their right to do it?
I don't stand for banning it, but restricting it is a good idea. Now, not many people will stand for this because it is easier to get high than drunk, meaning it will take a few beers to get you drunk, but a few minutes with weed could get you high, sometimes giving hallucinations, I've heard.

Can I no longer eat McDonalds because of how greasy it is?
Should I not use my computer as it hurts my eyes?

Maybe its 'unhealthy' but I still enjoy those things. Why not let people enjoy weed?
Faulty comparison alert! Yes, McDonalds is unhealthy, but it is open to... pretty much the entire world (With the exceptions of poor countries and some others), and marijuana isn't just "unhealthy," it can prove dangerous.

However, McDonalds could be dangerous as well, and should be enjoyed in moderation, just like tobacco and alcohol, which is up to the consumers, and the same may apply to marijuana, being less dangerous than hardcore drugs, such as cocaine and LSD.

Conclusion: While I see no real reason that marijuana should be banned, I will say that I agree with the ban simply because I have no good reason to say that there shouldn't be.

Deagonx

Ehmm... no, Kids can get marijuana much easier than they can get beer. If I asked my brother, he wouldnt know where to get beer. He drinks it when he gets it though.

Should I ask him about weed? Well he has a phone full of contacts for that.

Most people who smoke weed have not done other drugs. Because the effect never changes. It raises your THC and you dont just get a resistance to a natural drug.

Yes, but should it be legal it could contribute to America.
Your argument only applies because of its illegality. Yet, should it be legal, since that is what I am here to argue, that isn't quite as valid a point.

Its a drug war because its illegal, and I sincerely think it shouldnt be.

ArtDrake

Duskling, I think marijuana should be banned because its consumption can be dangerous in any quantity, as is any smoke inhalation, and just as people should not be allowed to do harm to themselves.

Somebody using drugs might:

•lose interest in school
•change friends (to hang out with kids who use drugs)
•become moody, negative, cranky, or worried all the time
•ask to be left alone a lot
•have trouble concentrating
•sleep a lot (maybe even in class)
•get in fights
•have red or puffy eyes
•lose or gain weight
•cough a lot
•have a runny nose all of the time

I don't honestly like these symptoms much.

Deagonx

Well the last 4 are confusing but...

The rest of those sounds like being a teenager.

I guess weed induces teenager-ism?

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on April 21, 2011, 10:40:07 PM
I guess weed induces teenager-ism?
That's because the stereotypical teenager uses/consumes drugs.

Other than that, though, real teenagers are pretty much like normal kids, but, I have to give Deagonx credit, a lot of them are like your description, Demon Duck.

ArtDrake

True, but the point is that drugs can induce these if they weren't already present, and cause more if there already were some.

Deagonx

So, what you just said... well honestly you could have worded that much better.

You think smoking increases all those things? If anything it reduces it! My brother is in much better of a mood when he is smoking.

My mom doesnt yell at me when she smokes.

They arent distant addicts, they just do it casually.

MikeW781

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on April 21, 2011, 10:49:26 PM
So, what you just said... well honestly you could have worded that much better.

You think smoking increases all those things? If anything it reduces it! My brother is in much better of a mood when he is smoking.

My mom doesnt yell at me when she smokes.

They arent distant addicts, they just do it casually.
Thats called dependance. Also, those are temporary effects. After having smoked often, thats what they need to be happy.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!