News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wiki Walkthrough

Started by SmartyPants, February 21, 2010, 07:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

as with TPA2, the Arenas are difficult to make walk-throughs for unless you simply completely give away the strategy for beating them.
I suggest picts of the battle before hand so the reader can see the enemy placement. Also as general, story-type description of each battlefield would be a nice touch, but any more than that... and you really just give the whole game away.

KZ

What can be said is that it will require a lot of writing, if one goes to the extreme of giving proper walkthroughs for each battle. How about giving an overall pic of the battle, battle objectives, as well as few general tips on how to beat the map and maybe a warning or two against the most obvious mistakes?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on February 22, 2010, 05:44:40 AM
What can be said is that it will require a lot of writing, if one goes to the extreme of giving proper walkthroughs for each battle. How about giving an overall pic of the battle, battle objectives, as well as few general tips on how to beat the map and maybe a warning or two against the most obvious mistakes?
Why not?

torugo

because as just said by kz it takes to long to come up with a step by step battle strategy for each and every map. you have to explain what to do on each turn with every character. because if someone gives 1 bad instruction things could go completely wrong
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 30, 2010, 08:20:26 PM
because as just said by kz it takes to long to come up with a step by step battle strategy for each and every map. you have to explain what to do on each turn with every character. because if someone gives 1 bad instruction things could go completely wrong
Would it be any different then the walkthroughs for TRPG2 and TSoG?  Those walkthroughs provide advise instead of step by step instructions.  Some people may have trouble beating one level, so the advise of the walkthrough can help them beat it and move on to the next challenge.

If you are not going to make a walkthrough, then SHUT UP.  Stop trying to discourage other people from doing it, because you don't want to spend your time helping struggling players.

torugo

CONTROL YOURE TEMPER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. i am not trying to discourage anyone i am just saying that you have to get everything exact. and TAKE YOUR OWN ADVISE DONT GET MAD AT OTHER PEOPLE FOR NOT MAKING WALKTHROUGHS FOR IT. WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO AND IF YOURE SO MAD ABOUT IT WHY DONT YOU MAKE A WALKTHROUGH YOURSELF AND STOP TRYING TO GET OTHER PEOPLE TO DO IT FOR YOU.

CraigStern

Whoa--cool it, you two. >:( Don't make me lock this thread.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on May 01, 2010, 01:19:42 PM
Whoa--cool it, you two. Don't make me lock this thread.
Lock the thread, since it have become a source of people who say "I don't want to create a walkthrough".  No one needs to hear an update about everything someone is not going to do.  You need to lock the thread to prevent certain naysayers from discouraging others from working on the walkthrough.

torugo

im sorry for my outburst. i was not trying to discourage anyone. but you cant always get what you want and right now no one wants to go through the effort of making a walkthrough. But to make up for it give me until june and i will post walkthroughs on as many of the battles i figure out. that is my offer

i do like helping people otherwise why would i post an easy success for trpg 1 and a step by step of the final battles in trpg2.

Ertxiem

Remember that a walk through for a battle describes just one of the ways to beat that specific battle. I don't see nothing wrong with it.
However, I would think (as KZ suggested) it might be better to have (in the beggining) a sort of an outline of the way to beat that battle. It might be useful for the ones that just need a bit of an inspiration to beat it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

A general outline is better walkthough then a step by step walkthrough.  A step by step walkthrough doesn't work unless the player trains their team in the exact way the person who created the walkthrough did (which almost never happens).  There needs to be general tips like kill this enemy first or an assassin would be useful on the left side.

torugo

sorry for the wait i keep getting delayed . i just now finished the wiki walkthrough for the kz battles.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on May 02, 2010, 07:06:55 PM
A general outline is better walkthough then a step by step walkthrough.  A step by step walkthrough doesn't work unless the player trains their team in the exact way the person who created the walkthrough did (which almost never happens).  There needs to be general tips like kill this enemy first or an assassin would be useful on the left side.
The step by step walkthoughs don't work.  The way you train, could make mind blast a finishing blow, but the way I train, would only hurt the enemy.  The hurt enemy would then kill the player in the next turn.
Following the same step by step walkthrough will cause someone to get their players killed.

Read the other walkthroughs to learn how it suppose to be done.

torugo

ok now you see what i was saying before. one mistake could make everything go wrong. which is why it takes so long to make and perfect a step by step walkthroughs.
and 2nd the way i got this is by playing through and recording my steps and no one died. so i dont know who's waklthrough youre listening to. 3rd may i remind you these are the kz battle walkthroughs. you should not die even with a miscalculated walkthrough.the first six battles in this game are simple anyway