News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Will there be any desert tiles in TT?  Sand tiles and palm trees would also make good beaches.

Quote from: SteelFist on April 20, 2012, 02:54:09 PMI somehow doubt that; if there's no benefit but amusement to betraying an ally, it'll be rare.
Have you ever played multiplayer games?  Some immature players will kill their allies (even if it lowers their score) because they find backstabbing funny.

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on April 20, 2012, 07:35:11 PM
Will there be any desert tiles in TT?  Sand tiles and palm trees would also make good beaches.

They were originally planned, but cut for budget reasons. The game has full support for modding in extra tiles and destructible objects, though, so you could actually go in and add some yourself if you felt the urge. ;)

That said, I'm considering the possibility of a Kickstarter at some point to raise funds for ports to other platforms; that could also potentially bankroll new official tilesets and destructible objects.

SmartyPants

Is the way the armies are colored mean that there will be yellow and orange shadowlings?

Quote from: CraigStern on April 20, 2012, 07:50:42 PMThe game has full support for modding in extra tiles and destructible objects, though, so you could actually go in and add some yourself if you felt the urge.
If people modify extra tiles, then will you and other modifiers have access to them?

CraigStern

Yes--there will be shadowlings of every team color as a matter of practical necessity.

Only other people who get the files and install them will have them.

ArtDrake

The Telepath battle system has reached a stage at which I find acceptable the idea of payment for the game.

I will buy this game.

(Basically, I really like the Telepath games, and 1 and 2 made good and great free games, respectively, but TRPG:SoG was not quite over the "I'll-pay-money-for-it" threshold for me)

Duskling

I like the look of that "Items" button! Knowing Craig, there's no way the items will just be the generic "Health" and "Mana" potions (Yes, "Focus Pills," I know).

bugfartboy

Quote from: Duskling on April 22, 2012, 12:00:58 AM
I like the look of that "Items" button! Knowing Craig, there's no way the items will just be the generic "Health" and "Mana" potions (Yes, "Focus Pills," I know).
Keep Ert away from 'em. :D :P
From what I've seen, TT is over the I'll pay to buy threshold already.

SmartyPants

I remember that at one point that Craig wanted to make TPA2 assassins able to use poisons.  It seems like a much easier task in TT.  Maybe one poison could slowly do damage, while another poison could drain an enemy's strength (like venom from a desert scorpion).

Like D&D rouges, TT assassins could disable explosive charges.

TheWanderingShadow

All units in TT have set stats, correct? The only thing setting a player above another is strategical finesse?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

Quote from: TheWanderingShadow on April 23, 2012, 12:37:31 AM
All units in TT have set stats, correct? The only thing setting a player above another is strategical finesse?

Correct: stats are not randomized. However, certain items that drop can permanently* improve a character's stats by a set amount. Thus, it pays to control as much of the map as possible so you can nab random item drops when they occur.

* that is, for the rest of the battle

Gath

Quote from: CraigStern on April 23, 2012, 09:41:11 AM
Correct: stats are not randomized. However, certain items that drop can permanently* improve a character's stats by a set amount. Thus, it pays to control as much of the map as possible so you can nab random item drops when they occur.

* that is, for the rest of the battle

What is the pacing of battles going to be like? (as in timewise)

In a game that takes a long time, (say, chess) map control is generally very important. However, it seems that it isn't that important to control certain tiles in the majority of TRPG:SoG battles. So are we going to be looking at longer battles?

CraigStern

Most of the maps are physically larger than TSoG maps, support up to 6 armies (as opposed to merely 2), and generally support more units per team (up to 24 per army). Meanwhile, characters move the same number of spaces, more or less, as they do in the earlier TRPG games. And I'm not even taking into account the fact that human opponents tend to think things through longer than a computer AI. I'd be very surprised if most TT battles weren't longer than TSoG battles.

ArtDrake

Much longer, I should think. More like a game of chess or go than a quick, uninvolved sort of game.

bugfartboy

I like mental challenges. I hate mathematical formulas, but I like chess. Telepath Tactics seems to become more and more intriguing with every glimpse you give us.

Steelfist

Hmm. Chess, not so much. But it seems to be shaping up into a nice - if lengthy - strategy game, and I'm certainly interested in how it progresses.

Will there be elements of resource management, unit creation/upgrading, etc?