News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Correct.

Quote from: Duckling on October 31, 2012, 08:29:45 PM
Will there be any sort of additional cost to maintaining more than one Solid State Shield?

Nope. Too confusing, and not really worth it given that the much more open levels ultimately make them less powerful than in TSoG.

By the way, did anyone notice that Telepath Tactics now supports mind control abilities? Enthralled is now a status effect that is in-game and working, signifying the fact that you get to command the affected character for the remainder of your turn. ;)

SmartyPants

Will ally Psy Healers unintentionally heal enemy units (reverse friendly fire)? 

In the previous games, the maps were relatively small, and the player had much less flexibility in terms of moving units around. If players' shields caused friendly fire healing, then they would constantly be irritated by accidentally healing their enemies.

In Telepath Tactics, however, the maps tend to be much larger, and it's way way easier to maneuver your units around. So there's a lot of flexibility there. Shield friendly fire is something one can work around pretty effectively in the newer game.

ArtDrake

Can you tag single-player enemies as Enthrall-immune?

[Obligatory boss immunity and all. It would be cool if you couldn't, seeing as boss immunity to status effects is done so much that it's rather taken for granted that you can't put a particularly large, powerful, and authoritative person to sleep using magic that works just fine on everyone else you've ever encountered.

So, if you weren't planning on making that a feature, don't feel obligated to or anything. It's just something I'm interested to know. :) ]

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 02, 2012, 06:37:03 PM
Will ally Psy Healers unintentionally heal enemy units (reverse friendly fire)?

Yes.

Quote from: Duckling on November 02, 2012, 10:41:25 PM
Can you tag single-player enemies as Enthrall-immune?

Characters will be immune to any given status effect if their resistance to the associated element is high enough. So if a boss has really high Mental resistance, it can be immune to Enthrall. I'm not making it a habit to give all the bosses that sort of immunity, though.

SmartyPants

I was looking at the Telepath Tactics Modding Guide, and I can't find a way for an attack to change elemental resistances.  Does this mean there won't be elemental shields in Telepath Tactics?

CraigStern

I haven't added support for it just yet; I'll probably handle it using the affects attribute.

CraigStern

New teaser video! This one shows off directional character rest poses, animated health bars, global lighting and weather effects:

CraigStern

Just how easy is it to create a battle in the Telepath Tactics map editor? See for yourself!

ArtDrake

So, will TT have a fullscreen and a windowed mode? And if so, would there be multiple sizes of windows to choose from?

[This is not a request, just an inquiry.]

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on November 22, 2012, 09:27:10 PMSo, will TT have a fullscreen and a windowed mode?

Yes. Windowed mode allows you to resize the window as you see fit.

ArtDrake

Awesomesauce. Sometimes my recording software has issues with fullscreen, so that's why I'm asking.

SmartyPants

While adding weather effects, maybe you should think of adding falling volcanic ash for the lava filled caverns.  It worked really well in an old pokemon game.

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 25, 2012, 12:48:17 PM
While adding weather effects, maybe you should think of adding falling volcanic ash for the lava filled caverns.  It worked really well in an old pokemon game.

I added that in a few days ago, actually. ;)

Oh, also: you'll be pleased to know that I just finished adding in support for custom death attacks (i.e. attacks triggered when a character dies), so you'll be able to create your own custom exploding charges after all!

ArtDrake

That sounds awesome!

... if one were to make the custom death attack a shield move like some form of Big Shield or Titan Shield, could destructible battlefield objects be used as group healing canisters, to be destroyed when the group's health is low? I mean, there's friendly fire in this game so it should apply to everyone, if I'm supposing correctly, which means that this would work.

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on November 27, 2012, 06:12:32 PM... if one were to make the custom death attack a shield move like some form of Big Shield or Titan Shield, could destructible battlefield objects be used as group healing canisters, to be destroyed when the group's health is low?

Absolutely, yes: that should work just fine.