News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

That's not supported yet, but it's possible that I could add support for that.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on December 15, 2012, 04:44:20 PMThat's not supported yet, but it's possible that I could add support for that.
I look forward to it.

On a related note, could one give a boss condition to an non-character unit.  For example: One can win the mission by destroying a bridge, bolder, or a monument.

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on December 17, 2012, 01:22:04 AMOn a related note, could one give a boss condition to an non-character unit.  For example: One can win the mission by destroying a bridge, bolder, or a monument.

The ProtectChar condition looks to see if the player has eliminated all instances of the named character from the battlefield. Every destructible object has a name of "None," which means that you'd need to set the condition to "None"--the other player would then have to destroy every destructible object on the field to win.

That's not very flexible, though; I can probably create a variation on that where it looks to the unit class name instead of character name.

Ertxiem

Would it be possible to use both types: character name and unit class name?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Sure! You can stack as many conditions as you like onto Telepath Tactics battles.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on December 17, 2012, 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: SmartyPants on December 17, 2012, 01:22:04 AMOn a related note, could one give a boss condition to an non-character unit.  For example: One can win the mission by destroying a bridge, bolder, or a monument.
The ProtectChar condition looks to see if the player has eliminated all instances of the named character from the battlefield. Every destructible object has a name of "None," which means that you'd need to set the condition to "None"--the other player would then have to destroy every destructible object on the field to win.

That's not very flexible, though; I can probably create a variation on that where it looks to the unit class name instead of character name.
Could one name the destructible objects before giving the ProtectChar condition?  For example: One could name all the bookshelves "Enemy Intelligence" and then it would require the player to destroy all the named booksheleves to win, while not requiring the character to destroy all the non-named objects.

If a unit that has items in his/her inventory when he/she dies, then does he/she take the items to the grave?

bugfartboy

If a unit that has items in his/her inventory when he/she dies, then does he/she take the items to the grave?
I thought it wasn't death, but rather "career-ending injury"?

CraigStern

When a character is eliminated from the battlefield, he or she drops all items from his or her inventory on the spot where he or she was standing.

SmartyPants

I found another thing the AI needs improvement on.  While it is sometime okay for the AI to cause friendly fire, it should almost be forbidden to do so to the boss.  During the 2nd demo battle, it only took one Light Blast to kill the boss, because two enemy bronze golems hit their own boss.

Ertxiem

With the TT Dialogue Editor, together with the Map Editor, it seems to me that Craig's cunning plan is to make it easy for a devoted fan to recreate TRPG2 and TSoG in TT! :)
With the added bonus that we may now play as the "bad guys"!
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

I like the idea of how the Dialogue Editor's multiple branches allow for the game to expand outside a restricted linear plot.  This may make replaying the campaigns more enjoyable.

SmartyPants

When giving custom attacks are the character animation and attack animation separate?  Can you for example use a Cryokineticist's cast motion and have an arrow come out instead of ice?

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on February 11, 2013, 10:52:09 PM
When giving custom attacks are the character animation and attack animation separate?  Can you for example use a Cryokineticist's cast motion and have an arrow come out instead of ice?

Yes, projectiles and special effects are going to be handled separately from the character animations.

bugfartboy

How difficult should it be to design your own animations?

CraigStern

That depends on what you're aiming for. The game's default character animations are detailed and high quality, so you'll need some skill if you want to extend those. If you want to try creating something in a lower resolution, though, there's nothing stopping you.  I both want and expect people to try creating total conversions with totally different graphical styles. :)