News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

I like exploration mode, but I feel that the ability to open no more than one door per character is a bit limiting.

SmartyPants

Is it possible to have one character's death trigger another characters death?
Like having an Engineer's death trigger the death of his golem or having a psychic's death trigger the death of a spirit?

bugfartboy

You'd have to have specific character names, but you could do something like this, from what I understand:

<Dialog branch="0" r="-1">
    OnCharDeath/-1,None,The Engineer/Engineer/Lo I have been slain, and my stone golem shall fall with me!
    <Reply>.../NewBranch/1</Reply>
  </Dialog>
  <Dialog branch="1">
    OnCharDeath/-1,None,The Engineer/The Game/removing engineer and golem
    <Action>RemoveChar/The Engineer</Action>
    <Action>RemoveChar/Stone Golem</Action>
    <Action>EndConvImmediately/</Action>
    <Reply>.../NewBranch/1</Reply>
  </Dialog>

When the engineer dies, the engineer blurts out some random phrase. After the dialog box is clicked, it removes the engineer and his stone golem. I haven't tested it, however.

CraigStern

Suggestion: if you want the character to actually die, and not merely exit the battlefield, use KillChar instead of RemoveChar.

SmartyPants

Thanks for the help!

One a side note, I'm going to use "RemoveChar" for the golem and "KillChar" for the spirit.

bugfartboy

I'm curious. Is there a way to kill or remove a character by class, rather than name? On a similar note, is there a way to modify the stats of a character or set of characters by class instead of name as well?

CraigStern

Not by class; but you can remove a character or object from a specific spot on the battlefield using RemoveFromCoords.

There is no way to modify stats by class using a script action.

JeenLeen

I think I would prefer if the Hover power (granted by using the... sorry; forgot the item name, but the long-named thing that looks like a propeller-backpack.  Steamthropter?) did not use your action for the round.  Since it only lasts 1 round (or at least only has lasted 1 round for me), it seems fair to be able to move while flying and use an ability.
I accept if you feel it should use your action, though.

If you are flying due to it but end your turn on lava/water, would and should you take damage at the start of the round?  (I don't know whether the system removes current status effects first or if it checks whether you are flying and thus to damage you first.)

CraigStern

Quote from: JeenLeen on October 09, 2013, 09:53:09 PMIf you are flying due to it but end your turn on lava/water, would and should you take damage at the start of the round?

I believe the answer is yes: if you lose flying at the start of a turn and you're over water or lava, you'll fall into it immediately and take damage. I could be wrong, though--it might be worth checking to make sure.

JeenLeen

I've noticed (at least sometimes; not sure if consistently) that when I kill an enemy or drop an item, it appears on a square next to the former holder of the item, not on the square the person was/is on.

Is this intentional?  It is kind of realistic that the item could be dropped nearby, but it makes more sense to me to just drop it where they were/are.  (I may be a version behind on downloading the latest installer, by the way.)

CraigStern

Quote from: JeenLeen on October 15, 2013, 02:52:40 PM
I've noticed (at least sometimes; not sure if consistently) that when I kill an enemy or drop an item, it appears on a square next to the former holder of the item, not on the square the person was/is on.

Is this intentional?

That should happen if the space already has an item sack in it. Otherwise, though, it should spawn on the same space.

Ertxiem

Quote from: CraigStern on November 01, 2013, 03:56:46 PM
[...]
Also: fixed a bug where trying to grab an item sack from on top of a bridge tile would result in the character grabbing the bridge tile instead of the item sack. (Whoops.)
That was an incredibly funny bug! I'm a bit sad that it got smashed. :D
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

JeenLeen

After a new turn started, I just had a swordsman Pull a spearman (who just took the 20 damage from lava) out of lava, and the spearman had 0 move.

Is that intentional or a bug?
I thought move went to 0 after swimming, but maybe it was supposed to be if you start in lava (or, I assume, water.)

CraigStern

That's not a bug: if you start the turn in water or lava, you have 0 move for the rest of the turn.