News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Sonicjumper

Quote from: bugfartboy on March 13, 2015, 10:55:03 AM
Soon, you'll be able to have multiple campaigns in progress at a time!
Will this allow multiple instances of the same campaign, i.e. will I be able to have several saves of the same runthrough at different points?

Thank you Craig! That's literally been the only thing I keep worrying about. I like switching between my serious hardcore campaign where I don't ever let anybody die and my casual campaign where I don't care because they'll be revived next scene, so this change makes a huge difference for me!

bugfartboy

Did you intend for a negative selfHealFactor to have no effect, or was it just something you just didn't implement?

CraigStern

It's been so long since I coded that in that I honestly don't recall. What's the idea: an attack that damages the user?

bugfartboy

I was thinking direct health transference at some ratio or sacrificing the caster's own health to damage an enemy, but essentially yes.

bugfartboy

I remember you said a VFX action was difficult to implement because of how the game is set up, but I had an idea.  I don't know if it will actually work, but what about an action that causes a character to launch an attack at a specified coordinate relative to the caster?  I have no background on how the game works under the hood, so it's just speculation.

CraigStern

Part of the problem is that the game is paused when in dialog mode, so it's very likely that the attack would not execute without me fiddling around in the code. Anyway, right now I'm stuck in the fresh hell of making Steam's rickety depot creation process play nice with the persnickety nonsense that is Mac OSX, so adding new features is gonna have to wait a wee bit. :)

bugfartboy

Like I said, just a blind idea. I wasn't really expecting any new features the week of the release date anyway.

bugfartboy

Have you been designing the more recent sprites on your own?  It seems like you just keep churning them out.

CraigStern

Yup! The artist that was doing all of the item graphics, Julia Buge, left the project quite some time ago. I've been handling all the new item graphics myself since that time.

TheWanderingShadow

Congratulations on your game release, Craig! I bought it at launch and have enjoyed every minute so far. It gives me so much nostalgia, and yet it's a different beast entirely from your other games. Please don't stop what you're doing!
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

Thanks! I'm really glad that you're liking it. ;)

LightningLord2

Small question: Can you do something about stalemate situations in local matches? I once had a Photokineticist, a Psy Healer and a Stone Golem left vs. a lone Shadowling, who could cross the water to evade me forever, but he can't beat me in a straight-up fight, especially since the healer could easily undo all damage he does.

EDIT: Theoretically, the shadowling would win (map is Cone of Cold) since only he could really reach the items to boost his resistances and gradually soften the enemies with terror, up to the point where he could beat them easily with Mind Blast. But that would have taken hundreds of turns to pull off.

CraigStern

Yeah; in situations like that, item drops will generally end up resolving it. Either the shadowling will pick up items to get strong enough take out everyone else, or the other team will pick up steamthopters and such to pursue the shadowling with. :)

bugfartboy

Now I'm just imagining a shadowling caked with lead and thermal paste, bearing several sets of armor and shields, struggling to stay afloat under all the weight.