News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Lizardmen

Started by SmartyPants, June 11, 2011, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to see Lizardmen in TSoG?

Definitely
1 (7.7%)
Yes
10 (76.9%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Hell No
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

SmartyPants

QuoteLizardman - a sturdy melee unit with bludgeoning, status-effect-inducing attacks. Faster than both the swordsman and spearman, with a chance to dodge attacks, but no physical resistance and significant weakness to heat and cold attacks.
We are going to see Lizardmen in Telepath Tactics (TT).  Do you want to win over a faction of Lizardmen in TSoG, so there is a backstory for TT?

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 11, 2011, 04:10:36 PM
QuoteLizardman - a sturdy melee unit with bludgeoning, status-effect-inducing attacks. Faster than both the swordsman and spearman, with a chance to dodge attacks, but no physical resistance and significant weakness to heat and cold attacks.
We are going to see Lizardmen in Telepath Tactics (TT).  Do you want to win over a faction of Lizardmen in TSoG, so there is a backstory for TT?
It's a bit too far into development, methinks, but it's still something fun to hope for.

SmartyPants

It is not unreallistic to think Craig will add or change factions at this stage of delepoment.  So far, he has only worked on the slavers, abolitionists, and Marid factions.

I would like to see the Lizardmen be the opposing faction of the Wood-Folk. 
*Order of the Black Rose vs. Assassin's Cult
*Helenites vs. Mechanics
*Shadowling Loyalists vs. Shadowling Republic
*Slavers vs. Abolitionist
*Lizardmen vs. Folk-of-the-Woods

Dean_Lukas

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 15, 2011, 01:09:20 PM
Why did someone vote no?

Someone has an anti-reptilian bias?
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

CraigStern

I've decided that the lizardmen are native to the island archipelago where Telepath Tactics is set. As of the time of TSoG, they are very rarely seen on mainland Cera Bella. (Sorry--I have to focus on the essentials right now so I can get the game done for you guys!)

SmartyPants

Bummer, I was hoping for a brief appearance like Gelf in TRPG2.  Anyway, at least you are keeping up the pattern of having a new race for each new chapter of the Telepath story.  Shadowlings first appear in Chapter 1.  Spriggats and Golems become major enemies in Chapter 2.  We will likely see Wood-Folk in-depth in Servants of God (I don't count Gelf in TRPG2, because his role was so minimal).  Now we will see Lizardmen in TT and TT's descendant.

Is it also rare to see Wood-Folk on Archipelago, since they aren't an available unit in TT?

CraigStern

Indeed.

By the way: I mean that the game is set on an actual archipelago, not on a single island named Archipelago (which would be humorously ironic).

SmartyPants

It has become clear that geography is not my expertise.

You wouldn't be the first person to name an island ironically (Greenland and Iceland).

CraigStern

flack

What is the difference between the answer "yes/definitely" and "no/hell no" on the poll? They both seem to imply the same result here.

bugfartboy

I believe they are merely ways for people excited about their opinion to express said opinion. So if you're tremendously opposed to the concept, your vote would be "Hell no" and if you were in vigorous agreement with the concept proposed, your response would be "Definately".

flack

My question here would be does it make a difference. For instance, lets say there were 10 HELL NO votes, and 11 Yes votes, 0 votes for everything else. What would the outcome be. I know if it was 10 no vs 11 yes then the YES would win. But there are 10 HELL NO votes which seems to be more powerful than just 10 no. So what would the outcome be. If it is the same as before and YES wins, I see no difference between HELL NO and just simply no, vice versa. Anyways I'm going to leave it at that.

SmartyPants

Technically, the polls don't do anything.  A poll may have 50 Definitely votes to put something in the game, but that doesn't mean that Craig will put the suggestion into the game.  It is all up to the game maker's discretion. For example, Golden Spriggat is a popular idea that hasn't been put into the game.

The polls' main purpose is to show the popularity of ideas.  If the idea is popular, then Craig may be more willing to spend time implementing it.  For example, this poll has 8 Yes votes and 2 Hell No votes.  That means most people like the idea, but no one loves it. It is obvious that Craig will not invest alot of time at this point in the game to create a whole new fraction/race when no one would be particularly excited about the idea being put into the game.