News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Revive

Started by SmartyPants, June 17, 2011, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Apparently, Duvalier is more importent when comes to reviving the dead than Luca.

[spoiler=Griffin Revived][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Arman Revived]
[/spoiler]

There were many spirits in TPA2 who could suck the soul out of an individual, but they couldn't revive the dead.  So, what is the difference between them and Luca?  The TPA2 spirits didn't have access Duvalier's skills.  Duvalier is the one who shapes Luca's soul charges so that it can "fit" the individual's brain.

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 19, 2011, 01:53:41 AM
Comments? Theories?
Not really, since the first post pretty much explained the whole situation. :-\

Dean_Lukas

Quote from: Duskling on June 19, 2011, 02:24:12 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 19, 2011, 01:53:41 AM
Comments? Theories?
Not really, since the first post pretty much explained the whole situation. :-\

Only that I have no context since I'm avoiding clicking on the spoiler!
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Rob

It seems that in order for someone to be revived, the person reviving them must know them well enough to "fit" a soul charge into the individual. If that is the case, how does he revive people if he doesn't know them that well? He has known Griffin for a long time, but he only recently met the other members of the resistance.

bugfartboy

But in that short period of time, think of what they've been through. He has already been in all their minds, seeing as that's how he manages to give battlefield commands. I would imagine that spending that much time in someone's mind one would learn enough about them that they could "fit" another soul into a body other than it's own.

SmartyPants

I imagine that a charismatic individual such as Duvalier has a talent for understanding people (mind reading helps).  Between battles, Duvalier probably gets to know even the newest teammates well enough to "fit" thier souls into their dead bodies.  Also, time between battles and missions may be longer then you think.  For example, the missions of TRPG2 took an entire year.

bugfartboy

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 21, 2011, 01:12:55 AM
For example, the missions of TRPG2 took an entire year.
That tidbit was unknown by me. But you pretty much restated what I said with a little extra.

ArtDrake

Um. Duvalier simply isn't very charismatic if you leave the personality at 6. He's a bit of a jerk, in fact.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling' on June 29, 2011, 12:56:09 AMUm. Duvalier simply isn't very charismatic if you leave the personality at 6. He's a bit of a jerk, in fact.
It is possible to understand people easily without being charismatic. I met a cynical jerk who could quickly and accurately sum up someone's personality.

ArtDrake

Point taken, but your first premise from your earlier post is incorrect, while your conclusion remains valid. That is all.

SmartyPants

Before Arman could be revived, his stab wounds had to be patched up.  That means that reviving restarts and/or repairs the brain without healing the body.

[spoiler=Arman Revived]
[/spoiler]

Steelfist

Interesting. Presumably it kick-starts the brain and vital organs while contributing rapid healing to the body (bandages wouldn't save him in that situation without additional intervention).

The struggle/escape attempt is also referenced, and the energy may display signs of rudimentary intelligence.