News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hell Quest 2: character creation, OOC discussion

Started by Xemadus Echina, July 03, 2011, 05:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

As it's name suggests, this will be a sequel to Hell Quest.  Before any of you start anything story wise, I would like to get a list of everybody who plans on joining into the story.  It will be in the same format as the first one and this time instead of starting with the story, I would like to start with character planning.

So, here's a simple form.  Also, you can all create up to 2 characters to par take in the story.  Unless the majority objects of course.  Try to keep all characters having different personalities (aside from your 2, they can have similarities)
Character Creation
Name:
Personality: (so other people know how to use your character)
Likes: (a basis for what powers/ weapons you will eventually come by)
Dislikes: (a basis for what causes your character to fall into a fit of pure rage [beast mode!])
Motives: (like personality but geared more towards what your own plans for your character are)

This story will NOT BE USING the same characters as the last one.  You can use the same name and personality, but memories and events will not be carried over.  This story just takes place after the events of the first one.  (Although if you can create a backstory that explains how you were reincarnated into hell then that would work) and yes, Fac *dodges pillar of fire* is satan.

in addition to this, once i officially start the story with an opening post (like before) everybody will start off separately and slowly gather together.  In this stage I would ask you all to not use character control unless a person hasn't posted in a day or so and the story feels like it's starting to pull together once some/most/all of us are "partied" then character control is allowed and encouraged, like before.

Since the last story sort of got jumbled up and people jumped around and stuff I decided to make a sort of chapter list.  My plan is to create an "opening" as each chapter starts.  
Step 1: Character creation
Step 2: Opening scenes
Step 3: Gathering
Step 4: Empowerment
Step 5: Confrontation
Step 6: Defeat
Step 7: Escape
Step 8: Return
Step 9: ??

My characters
[spoiler]
Name: Rainen
Personality: Born leader with a mysterious history.  He appeared in Hell in a very unnatural way, in a flash of light.  The tortures of Hell have changed him and they have removed a large part of his easygoing attitude. He is now seen as a bitter shadow of his former self
Dislikes: massive amounts of small creatures, being patronized and belittled.
Motives: to restore something that was lost

Name: Jace
Personality: A smart, and rather young denizen of hell who has always dreamed of escape.  He has gone through countless cycles of torture in the pits and renewal via the acid baths, a created of the devil which heals the victim physically while inflicting excruciating pain.
Dislikes: deceit, control
Motives: to escape and wreck havoc on the lands that have imprisoned him.
[/spoiler]

im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

I personally dislike having two characters.

Name: Alan
Personality: A Robin Hood like schemer who had an untimely death (He was run over by a street cleaner :P), who does and always has had a need to make those who harm others, suffer just as much.
Likes: Lightning, ice, and confusing people to the point where they don't know what they aren't doing.
Dislikes: Having to witness injustice, pain, or suffering of any kind.
Motives: To destroy one of the main causes of suffering in any world, The Demon King, at any cost. Permanently.

Xemadus Echina

My reason for having the 2 characters is so we can have more people in the story. Its not much fun if you only have 3 or 4 people after all
im writing a book!
You never know

Xemadus Echina

Make sure you post it here.  I'll be compiling a character list once I start it off.
im writing a book!
You never know

bugfartboy

I don't think this is that kind of RP.

Xemadus Echina

bug is right. i posted a form that should be followed for your character creation.  

due to a low interest level i may end up either A: PMing the guys from the first hell quest, of B: just scraping this.  I was hoping for 4 or 5 people to join in.

also could you make your likes/dislikes a little less obscure buggy? they both have very specific uses. (likes being acquired powers and dislikes being things that set your player off. if you'll remember in the first one when a demon called Rainen a pipsqueak he completely freaked and went on a killing spree.)
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

I mean, if some more of the original cast joins in, I might as well, the first one was pretty fun to play.

Xemadus Echina

dislikes is to general still.

take a look at my dislikes,
now yours,
now back to mine

see the difference? my dislikes aren't seen around every corner. yours are and a part of your personality doesn't mention him being an angry psychopath.

I have the descriptions of the attributes for a reason.  That reason is because the label shouldn't be taken at face value (though apparently people around here tend to take everything i say at face value)
im writing a book!
You never know

bugfartboy

Oh okay. I see now. I'll fix that. Beter now?

Xemadus Echina

yes.  not perfect but i wont be picky
im writing a book!
You never know

Steel Ersatz Man

Name: Ug (That's only a nickname because, when you imagine somebody called that, you think of someone fitting his description (muscular, stupid, etc,) and, being the idiot that he is, he forgot his actual name, so, he just goes by Ug.)

Personality: Has an IQ below 75

Dislikes: Peaceful Resolutions

Motives: He is just an idiot who is just tagging along 'cause he likes to, and, with his fists each of which are twice a big as your face, bash demons. (Hmm, I wonder why he's in hell?)

Other Information: About twice the Worldwide Average Height and about three times as muscular as the most muscular person you know. Wears black leather with chains. Finds inflicting pain fun. Somewhat reminiscent of Lennie from 'Of Mice And Men' except is somewhat aware of what he does.

We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Xemadus Echina

That'll be an interesting character to have.  3 people 4 characters.  Hoping to get 2 more people but if we can get 1 that'll be alright. I'm writing up an outline for the intro.
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

Ah, what the hell (Geddit?) - I'll do it. As long as I can keep some relevance.

Name: Infernus
Personality/History: A formerly cultured general in the army of a leader known to his men as the Steel-Fist, he perished in a battle undiscovered by historians, in a cause the world has long since forgotten. He himself remembers little but the leader who led them to destruction - a man to which he is totally devoted. His time in Hell has twisted him into a shattered wraith of a human soul, and he has embraced the evil of his captors, taking a new name in the process.  He retains his intelligence, ability, cunning, and even much of his knowledge, but little to none of any human emotion, save anger and hate, and almost nothing of his civilized self.
Likes: Death, destruction, hell-fire and war. And his former leader.
Dislikes: Peace, demons and any leader but the one he once knew.
Motives: Escape, revenge and to serve under the Steel-Fist once more.

Duskling

I'll bite as well, and hopefully it'll be at least half as fun as the first Hell Quest.

Name: Maksim (Max for short)

Short Description: Cunning, fit, but not bulky.

Personality: A fairly realistic person, Maksim always sees both sides of the story before acting, using his cunning to resolve issues from bursting into battles, but is not unwilling to participate in them. Once Maksim picks a side, he stays with it, only rarely leaving when an opportunity comes along. One flaw in Max's personality, however, is that he is very blunt in his statements, seldom sugar-coating anything, even for friends and family.

History: As fate would have it, one day Max inadvertently offended the son of the boss of the local mob, and was promptly met with an "accident" while walking down the street one afternoon. Being a rational person, Max believes that harm should not come to anyone unless they harmed him first, and, as such, rarely commits random acts of violence, however, he does believe in fighting for a cause, and thus, anyone who harms a cause that Max is supporting has, in turn, harmed him. When in a fight, Makasim utilizes a combination of wit, agility, and endurance to conquer his foes, and, while lacking raw strength, Maksim makes up for this with the uncanny ability to predict his opponents moves before they happen.

Dislikes: Being pitied or having someone do something for him out of pity, individuals that strike him as ignorant.

Motives: Maksim wants to get out of Hell as much as the next sinner, but that is not his only ambition, he also wants to kill at least one high-ranking member of the demon military command staff, such as a colonel, major, or higher, just to have something to show for his visit in Hell, and to personally cause a major blow in Hell's military ranks. Also, once he comes back to Earth, doubtlessly now having more power achieved by getting out of Hell, Maksim plans to eradicate the mob that murdered him.

Duskling

I should have posted this earlier, but, rainen/XE, you may want to log on more often to keep this alive. That's about all.