General > Politics

The Possible Ban on Fast Foods

<< < (12/15) > >>

Ertxiem:

--- Quote from: SmartyPants on October 03, 2011, 07:05:51 PM ---[...]While many people are willing to have transfat in their food, no one is willing to have salmonial in their food.[...]
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure about that. If you sell people food and claim it's salmonella free, then people will complain if the food ends up having it. However, what if the price of food that could have salmonella was cheaper than other food and a warning was given. Perhaps there were people that may want to buy it and risk their health. Should the government restrict the freedom of these people?

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: Duckling on October 06, 2011, 04:21:41 PM ---The proper and controlled use of pesticides on crops from which food products are made is not detrimental to health. The ingestion of trans fats is.
--- End quote ---
Both pesticides and transfats are not "detrimental to health" unless they are consumed in large amounts.  There isn't anything wrong with people consuming small amounts of transfat on occasion.

--- Quote from: Ertxiem on October 06, 2011, 05:39:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: SmartyPants on October 03, 2011, 07:05:51 PM ---[...]While many people are willing to have transfat in their food, no one is willing to have salmonial in their food.[...]
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure about that...Perhaps there were people that may want to buy it and risk their health. Should the government restrict the freedom of these people?
--- End quote ---
Perhaps people want to buy cancer in a bottle.::)  I am not going to reply to a bunch of nonsensical what ifs.

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: SmartyPants on July 29, 2011, 12:32:37 AM ---It is trans-fat today, but what is it tomorrow?  Butter?  Salt?  Chocolate?
--- End quote ---
Denmark first banned tran-fat and now heavly taxes all fat filled products such as all dairy products.

ArtDrake:
This is why I like Denmark.  :-[

Honestly, they're the last country in the world to have to worry about being fat.
And as for your shoddy point, fat can't be banned; it's essential. Trans fat is not.

SmartyPants:
You are missing my point.  I don't think we should encourage politicians to micromanage our diet, because politicians tend make stupid decisions.  For example:  You allow the government to ban transfat one day and the next day they heavly tax all foods with fat including healthy ones like milk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version