News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by Ertxiem, September 02, 2011, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

I hope everyone is OK, after Hurricane Irene has passed.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Duskling

I share your sympathies, Ert, hopefully not too many people were injured, as it would be somewhat illogical to hope for no injuries or damages.

SmartyPants

I have gone through a Category 5 and Category 3 hurricane.  The same people in the northeast who were unwilling to help Texans are now asking for help dealing with damage caused by Category 1 hurricane.  I have been without power for three weeks during the Texas summer and I had to help my friends who lost their homes, so I can sympathies with people who had to deal with hurricane damage.

Zackirus

I can also sympathize with people that get hit during hurricane season. Have never been through a huuicane myself, I can never know what it is like, however, I have enough intelligence to assume what it would be like. I however, have been throughvarious snow storms which people's houses gave caved in and that front doors have evened been blocked by snow. It's not the same thing, but it has similarities. I hope no one, or anyone, anyone knows got hurt.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

Quote from: Duckling on September 28, 2011, 09:37:19 PM
In a

sort of way.
Ditto. I didn't see much of it, as I'm landlocked.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on September 29, 2011, 06:19:59 PMDitto. I didn't see much of it, as I'm landlocked.
Vermont is landlocked and they get hit pretty hard.  I evacuated far inland from a hurricane and I still lost power, lost plumming, had to cut and move fallen trees, and all those other things caused by strong winds and fallen powerlines.

With FEMA being underfunded this year due to the unusual number of natural disasters, I hope Irene victums are getting what they need.  Even though FEMA is only 0.4% of budget, Congress can't agree on how to fund it.  Democrats want to increase the deficit for the extra money needed, while Republicans want transfer the money that is being given to clean energy programs (especially after the Solyndra bankruptcy) to programs involved in disaster relief.

ArtDrake

No one wants to increase the deficit.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 30, 2011, 09:09:24 PMNo one wants to increase the deficit.
They want to get the extra money by selling more bonds (i.e. increasing the deficit).