News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

If God is male, and Jesus is the son of man and God, why does the Bible hate on homosexuals?

bugfartboy

Poor poor Ducky. Man as in mankind. You knew that. You just felt like being literal.

ArtDrake

MikeW781

Why does the bible have such silly portions? Like, Leviticus 18:22, saying that homosexuality is an "abomination"?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

I have a question for you. What if everyone on earth decides to either commit suicide or go homo. How long would the human race last?

Duskling

Quote from: Fyer on February 07, 2011, 05:51:20 PM
I have a question for you. What if everyone on earth decides to either commit suicide or go homo. How long would the human race last?
So... homosexuals deserve to die or be shunned because hypothetically they will cause the end of the world? I find it highly unlikely that everyone in the world would decide to commit suicide or become gay.

MikeW781

The bible was written with much the same purpose as other religions- to explain the world, and provide a basic standard for living. In the day and age of the bible, humans struggled to survive, and if people chose not to reproduce, then tribes or families could easily die out. However, in this day and age, this is no longer the case, and I am disgusted that the Bible has not been updated to match this change.

bugfartboy

So your disgusted that the bible, or in this case God, refuses to contradict Himself? That's sorta messed up. Because then he'd be contradicting:
Quote from: Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ isthe same yesterday, today, and forever.
And Duskie, I meant as a scenario. I was actually expecting someone to respond "Not everyone should do that. Then we'd all die out."

Duskling

Quote from: Fyer on February 07, 2011, 08:25:14 PM
And Duskie, I meant as a scenario. I was actually expecting someone to respond "Not everyone should do that. Then we'd all die out."
I know, I just think it is wrong to suppress the power of choice just because of one hypothetical scenario.

MikeW781

I am disgusted that Christianity refuses to admit that the Bibles view of homosexuality have been kept the same since the Bible was written. Just because it was said that the Bible should not be changed, means nothing. Its horrible the way gays are treated in society, and Christianity has a share of the blame for this.

cyso

Quote from: Duskling on February 07, 2011, 09:11:13 PM
Quote from: Fyer on February 07, 2011, 08:25:14 PM
I know, I just think it is wrong to suppress the power of choice just because of one hypothetical scenario.

The power of choice? The law will always suppress your power of choice, less you do something incredibility wrong, like kill somebody.

Quote from: MikeW781 on February 07, 2011, 09:11:36 PM
I am disgusted that Christianity refuses to admit that the Bibles view of homosexuality have been kept the same since the Bible was written. Just because it was said that the Bible should not be changed, means nothing. Its horrible the way gays are treated in society, and Christianity has a share of the blame for this.

Okay. I'm a Christian, and I admit without any hesitation that the Bible's view on homosexuality hasn't changed since the Bible was written. That being said, the Bible doesn't say much more about homosexuality other than it's wrong. It says a lot of things are wrong. Homosexuality just ends up getting picked on for some sort of reason.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

It doesn't just say it's wrong. *begins humming to self to the tune of "Are you sleeping"*
Revalations, Revelations,
Twenty-One Eight, Twenty-One Eight.
Sinners go to Hell! Sinners go to Hell!
BURN BURN BURN!
BURN BURN BURN!

Quote from: Revalation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Duskling

Quote from: cyso on February 07, 2011, 10:00:06 PM
The power of choice? The law will always suppress your power of choice, less you do something incredibility wrong, like kill somebody.
While that may be true, the law only doesn't allow gay people to marry, with the bible it is as if God doesn't want gay people to exist.

bugfartboy

If God so choose, he could reach down and take away all choice on such a matter. But that would be similar with Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. He wants us to choose to follow him. Why make us, the only of his creations to have been hand sculpted, made in the image of God almighty Himself, and given the breath of life from God, to love him? Would that really be love?

Duskling

So then why keep us in the first place? If God loves us so much, why does He keep us around if so many people don't believe in Him, and go against the Commandments. So, it's either we go to Hell or He revokes our power to choose, which one is it? Why not let us be unique, why not let us actually be people? So, if He made us, why take away one of the few things that distinguishes us from animals?