News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Gaddafi is Dead

Started by Duskling, October 24, 2011, 05:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Gaddafi is dead. The dictator of Libya has been killed by rebels in Sirte on October 20th. Some people may say that he didn't deserve to die like he did. Agree, disagree? Why or why not?

Video with Image

SmartyPants

It depends how you think he died. 

If you think he was shot trying to escape and then died after they captured him, then you won't see any pity from me.  Since Gaddafi is like 70 years old, I don't see him recovering from a bullet wound and he probably died while being transported.

If you think he was just executed with a bullet, then you won't see any pity from me.  I strongly for the rule of law, so I would prefer him get the whole Saddam Hussein treatment.  Because I understand how someone could kill Gaddafi in the heat of the moment, I am not going to condemn anyone for executing him anymore I would condemn the Americans who killed bin Laden and al-Awlaki .

ArtDrake

What about if he was captured, transported, and then shot by an angry individual?

I could be mistaken, but I interpreted that as being one of the possibilities.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on October 25, 2011, 08:29:10 PMWhat about if he was captured, transported, and then shot by an angry individual?
Based on videos, Gaddafi was already shot before the rebels transported him.  How he was shot before being transported is unknown.  It is also unknown if Gaddafi died from the wound he sustained before transportion or if he was executed during or after transportion.

Deagonx

I too think it was in the heat of the moment. Those rebels get pretty testy. If I had a gun and that guy was right in front of me, I might shoot him to.

On an unrelated note, I heard that the Libyans have declared themselves a newfound Muslim nation.

Is this true? What are your thoughts? Will it be a peaceful country, or another Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Duskling

Quote from: Deagonx on October 26, 2011, 05:28:51 PM
I too think it was in the heat of the moment. Those rebels get pretty testy. If I had a gun and that guy was right in front of me, I might shoot him to.

On an unrelated note, I heard that the Libyans have declared themselves a newfound Muslim nation.

Is this true? What are your thoughts? Will it be a peaceful country, or another Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan.
For the first part, I agree. He had many people killed and it is not unlikely that at least a handful of the rebels in that particular mob had lost a family member to him, and if he killed anyone in my family, I'd shoot him as well, despite my somewhat peaceful nature.

On the second part, just because some Muslim countries had problems doesn't necessarily mean Libya will too. I just hope being a Muslim nation doesn't affect Libya in any bad major way because that would give Muslims a bad name, but if they successfully keep church and state separate there shouldn't be a problem.

Deagonx

Quote from: Duskling on October 26, 2011, 06:13:28 PM
Quote from: Deagonx on October 26, 2011, 05:28:51 PM

For the first part, I agree. He had many people killed and it is not unlikely that at least a handful of the rebels in that particular mob had lost a family member to him, and if he killed anyone in my family, I'd shoot him as well, despite my somewhat peaceful nature.

On the second part, just because some Muslim countries had problems doesn't necessarily mean Libya will too. I just hope being a Muslim nation doesn't affect Libya in any bad major way because that would give Muslims a bad name, but if they successfully keep church and state separate there shouldn't be a problem.

Islam doesn't work that way. By declaring yourself an Islamic country, you also follow Sharia law. That's part of the statement they made.

Islam cannot fit well with separation of church and state because they have their own decided laws.

ArtDrake

Well, some countries implement the Shariah law more strictly than others.

Deagonx

Quote from: Duckling on October 27, 2011, 06:20:39 PM
Well, some countries implement the Shariah law more strictly than others.

Still. It is what it is. And you can't have one without the other.

ArtDrake

So, is Libya going to be a theocracy?