News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Revival by Nelis

Started by Ertxiem, February 28, 2010, 03:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

9. I meant that Nelis might need some previous knowledge about the person who she will revive lately. That doesn't mean that she needed to meet them in person. She, being a powerful psy, may sense the mind imprint of everyone around Somnus. After she is informed that someone is working for her, she stores that information. If it happens that that person dies, she may retrieve that information to track the soul and use the soul to revive the person.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Or the Queen needs some of the remains(like DNA) of a fallen soldier to clone their body and then reattach his/her soul to the new healed body.

Ertxiem

Another question.
10. Is revival harder if someone is using a slave bracelet? I'm asking this because the Main from TRPG2 (apparently) wasn't revived.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

torugo

no because jack was enslaved and you could bring him back and also the hero doesnt die so you cant bring him back cause if he did die it would be over
mock the pheonix you will burn

Ertxiem

Well, you could choose to set Gamblin' Jack free of the slave bracelet, after you buy him.

Regarding the main, the description when we die don't correspond to being revived, bringing into the discussion question 7: what one remembers when is revived. Does one remember his death, feeling the fatal blow, or is that last part just a blur?

Another question is what is a soul (at least in the Telepath world sense). But I'll leave that question alone. Anyone who wishes may start a new thread about it... I'm expecting that to be a polemic issue (and fun to discuss).

9. Your suggestion, im2smart4u, is that Nelis may be able to "track" the soul from the thought impressions left by the one to be revived? I think that idea fits better than mine in the Telepath world. So, in order to someone to be revived, some personal item needs to be within some range of Nelis (perhaps being anywhere in Somnus is close enough). And if someone on the team died before he/she went to Somnus the first time, it might not be hard to assume that some personal object was brought by one of the team mates even that the thought impressions were all over the ones which returned.

I agree with KZ that reviving takes some time (at least the few minutes the Main is talking with Negatus and the time it takes the Main to reach the Headquarters after that).

Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

Well, with respect to reviving the dead, I don't think any personal possesion is required- that would contradict the postulation that one cannot revive if one dies willingly and it also contradicts the idea of a teammate dying over water- they might have all their perosnal belongings with them. I think it more likely that Nelis needs some kind of memory- like a name, or an image of the being that died in order to track down the remains of the soul in this plane and identify it- otherwise how can she identify the said soul? Thus, she may revive random beings at will, without really knowing who they are beforehand, or she can find a specific being to rveive, if she has some information concerning it, which she may get through the person that wishes to revive the said being.

About memories, I think the point where the person dies and the soul departs from the body would be the last memory the person remembers- the being won't remember the soul partially remaining in the material plane- at least there is no over indication of that happening, judging by reactions of revived teammates. But I am pretty sure they're well aware that they died and got ressurrected, though for them it's probably like falling asleep with a headache (or losing concsiousness) and waking up without one.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

since all the spirits seem to have a very loose memory I don't think that a revived teammate would remember much of anything about their after-life, especially since it seems to take awhile for the spirit to pull itself together and realize it's dead.

Ertxiem

It makes sense that that Nelis can (also) use the memories of the surviving team mates in order to track the soul of the person to be revived. Which brings a new angle for question 9: Does the person to be revived needs to be remembered by a psy user? Can Nelis track down the soul better in this situation?

About question 7, I agree that from the reactions of the persons revived in TRPG2 (and TSoG), they don't seem to remember anything about the time between their death and their revival.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

I don't think that the person in need of revival is required to be remembered by a Psy user- I think a memory from any being would do: after all, surely her Psy powers are strong enough to get a thought impression from any being, not just those who use Psy powers? There might be a case though for her getting more details from a Psy user, so maybe, with more memories, it takes less time to track down the impression of the soul in the material plane?

Excellent, there seems to be a general consensus on folks not remembering anything when they are in the "dead" state.

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

If Nelis revived Dorgon in this way, what stops her from realizing he's completely different?

KZ

That'a good point that I have been mulling over since writing up my previous reply. I think that she might've not payed too much attention to the revival of some lowly helper to her Main: that off-hand superior attitude cost a lot in some wars before, and it does happen, despite how unlikely that sounds.

Then there is the issue of the golems being reverse-engineered anyway, so she might not have payed much attention to the fact that he might be slightly different- after all, she didn't see him in action on the battlefield, nor is there much difference between the two from the form, and somwhow I don't think Nelis knowns much about mechanics, so she might not have realized what she's seen when reviving Dorgon.
Welcome to the forums!

Ertxiem

Besides that, I don't think Nelis had ever revived an energy golem to have a term of comparison.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

That's a very good point, Ertxiem! Given that, and her lack of mechanica knowledge, she might not have realized that Dorgon is any different from the golems the Shadowlings were planning to manufacture.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

So she might just assume that Dorgon is just like all the others. If the energy golems are just machines... couldn't she revive the ones we've killed so we could use them?

Zackirus

Dorgon doesn't have a spirit remeber. I think he was just rebuilt by shadowling Mechianics, that makes sense because he could never go on water and his parts were propabably o th ground when he dies. 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada