News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

A couple minor bugs

Started by TheBouncingBunny, April 23, 2015, 03:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBouncingBunny

The assassin's Awareness skill is needlessly set to unlimited, making it really easy to exploit for unlimited XP. I know there are other cheesy ways of exploiting XP (like non-weapon attacks vs allies + healing), but this one has no reason to not be once per turn anyway

The steamthopter doesn't disable flying when it's unequipped or traded away. You can equip it, fly, then put your regular off-hand item back on, give it to an adjacent character, and keep repeating this process. This can also be done with a couple other useful items as well (like the sprinting boots, switching back to defensive boots, passing the sprinting boots on). Maybe some sort of flag that says if you use a skill granted by an item you can't unequip that item?

CraigStern

Thanks for the report!

Quote from: TheBouncingBunny on April 23, 2015, 03:06:09 PMThe steamthopter doesn't disable flying when it's unequipped or traded away. You can equip it, fly, then put your regular off-hand item back on, give it to an adjacent character, and keep repeating this process. This can also be done with a couple other useful items as well (like the sprinting boots, switching back to defensive boots, passing the sprinting boots on). Maybe some sort of flag that says if you use a skill granted by an item you can't unequip that item?

Oh, that's interesting. I'll see what I can do about that.

TheBouncingBunny

A couple more. At a certain part of the campaign, a quest item gets stolen. When I go to confront the thieves, I still have the item in my inventory  :P

Also, the items for money are called 'coins', yet when picked up it says 'aura'. The shop dialogues also say 'aura'.

When a map is completed, it plays the fanfare. If you don't stop to read your score, and the next map has music playing, the music will overlap with the fanfare and sounds awful.

Also, it looks like the 1.01 patch added the llama data already, so the zip file for the campaign doesn't need the data folder anymore.

So the dialogue boxes say 'click to continue', but the esc key works too.... unless it's the very first dialogue box when you load the game. If you don't click a box at least once, esc will make the game go windowed, for some reason

TheBouncingBunny

Okay, this one is a really weird one. In fog of war, characters can't move into darkened spaces. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except for modding. Making a character with 0 vision means they can't even move unless someone lights up the area for them. Not sure if that matters to anyone but me :P

bugfartboy

Quote from: TheBouncingBunny on April 24, 2015, 06:25:59 PM
Okay, this one is a really weird one. In fog of war, characters can't move into darkened spaces. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except for modding. Making a character with 0 vision means they can't even move unless someone lights up the area for them. Not sure if that matters to anyone but me :P

Fun fact for you: Characters with a speed of 0 won't activate any "OnCharSelect" triggers when clicked, even if you have one set up specifically for that character.

TheBouncingBunny

Speaking of speed, a buff that increases the speed stat will NOT increase movement.

bugfartboy

Not a bug, exactly, but not deserving of it's own thread: The manual doesn't list the "Cold" particle effect anywhere.