News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Missing save files

Started by TheBouncingBunny, April 24, 2015, 12:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBouncingBunny

I updated to 1.02, and my saved files are all missing now....  :o

moosh9

Seconded! I really hope I didn't just permanently lose 40 hours of play just before I finished the final level...

TheBouncingBunny

No, it's temporary. The save files still exist. Don't worry :) The game just isn't seeing them anymore

Billick

It looks like the files are physically there, but they are not being read properly by the game.  I would suggest not starting a new campaign right now, or it might overwrite the data that's there.

minimen456

there? But folder C:\Users\Adminy\Documents\My Games\Telepath Tactics\User Campaigns is empty now. Where saves files would be?

TheBouncingBunny

Your saved files are in appdata. User campaigns is where you install user campaigns

minimen456

Ah there they are: C:\Users\Adminy\AppData\Roaming\SinisterDesign.TelepathTactics\Local Store\#SharedObjects\TTwm.swf
Quick! I must save them :/

TheBouncingBunny

For now, copy everything in the C:\Users\(User)\AppData\Roaming\SinisterDesign.TelepathTactics\Local Store\#SharedObjects\TTwm.swf folder to:

C:\Users\(User)\AppData\Roaming\TTwm\Local Store\#SharedObjects\TTwm.swf folder, because that's where it's currently saving everything.

Billick

Does it load properly if you copy it there?

CraigStern

Sorry guys--the compiler messed something up. The save files are there and unharmed. I'll have a hotfix for this shortly!

TheBouncingBunny

chuff80

Thanks for the update. Fixed the problem for me, and also made the game move faster.

CraigStern

Very good; I'm marking this as resolved.