News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

A couple more bugs I've found

Started by captainjack101, April 27, 2015, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainjack101

Sometimes moving a character from reserve to the front lines doesn't work, but only from specific places to specific places. In the image I uploaded I can't move the Golem to where the pyrokineticist is. This isn't a bug with Lord Dakarai or Rebeca Flare, it is a bug specifically with the fifth character in reserve and the right middle active spot. I have had this bug on the second rider attack mission (in town) and a few others that I can't recall. I have uploaded the logs for this bug specifically.

There is also a bug when looking through a shop with multiple pages (supplies page from the merchant in the first big town) where for every time you click "next page" you have to click "back" that many times to exit. If you click next 10 times, you have to click back 10 times to get out of the "supplies" tab. He also sold me two blood orbs. One from before the coria dogs mission and one afterwards. Don't know if that's a bug or intended.

I was told that units get promoted at level 20, but most of my characters are level 20 and a few at 21 and they have not been promoted. The logs uploaded have these characters in it if that helps.

The victory screen doesn't pop up right away if the game is lagging because of the issue that most people have been having, allowing you to move characters after the mission should otherwise be completed. This has allowed me to pick up items from characters I did not kill, but disappeared from the stage because the victory conditions were met. This will likely be fixed when the memory leak is fixed, however this does lead me to another issue.

In missions where killing a boss means the end of the mission (i.e. coria dogs ground floor, coria dogs basement, riders fight in town etc...) AND the boss also has items, wouldn't it make sense to pick up all items sack on the ground when a mission is concluded. From a thematic stand point, the characters should take their well deserved spoils of war. From a gameplay stand point, you may want the boss to be strong while also not accelerating the character growth through powerful items. As a player this confuses me a bit since I don't have any of the items that the rider boss had (which is fine), but I remember that the fencer has 300 coins on him in the coria dogs ground level mission. I feel kinda cheated that a boss character would have items that serve absolutely no purpose to them, but is not obtainable by the player. It's hard to count coins since shopping trips are far and few between so it's possible that you do actually receive the coins but you certainly don't get any bandages or focus pills or weapons from boss type enemies.

CraigStern

Thanks for the reports!

In just about every battle in the main campaign, there's a battlefield condition in effect called "Post-Battle Looting," which means that every loose item sack on the battlefield is auto-collected and the contents placed into your reserve supplies. That includes money. :)

Senteria

Quote from: CraigStern on April 27, 2015, 09:56:02 PM
Thanks for the reports!

In just about every battle in the main campaign, there's a battlefield condition in effect called "Post-Battle Looting," which means that every loose item sack on the battlefield is auto-collected and the contents placed into your reserve supplies. That includes money. :)

Really? I always go and pick the things up being afraid I won't get them when the battle ends.