News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Equipment bug?

Started by Sorl, May 03, 2015, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorl

Going from a save file on the "Battle with Gulch", only one of the 3 lizardmen had a weapon. I am also using the mod that gets you infinite weapon uses though, so not sure if that is affecting it.

bugfartboy

Hi, guy who made that mod here. Unless Craig added in new weapons at some point that weren't in the campaign shortly after it's release, it shouldn't be the mod. That does remind me that I need to update it to use the new steel sprites, though.

Elvin

I'm seeing something very similar on that same level, however the problem is much worse for me. It seems that all my characters have had their equipments swapped around e.g. my Hero characters have equipped a Power Orb, the big lizard man has a full set of equipped steel armour. Several characters have weapons they normally couldn't use equipped (e.g. one of the lissit has a bow). I also notice that NONE of the lissit ( except for the one right at the north of the map)  had a mace of any description. The only one I have on me is a rusty mace I picked up in the tombs. It seems the NPC merchant character has also aquired some of my team's equipment; I doubt he was supposed to have any metal equipment, nor an equipped lance.

I have seen this happen before, where characters seemed to swap equipments on game reloads, but I can't honestly say exactly what causes it. I think I hit some form of item duplication glitch early on in the campaign (a couple of weeks ago, I think I saw it was fixed in one of the patches) which might have screwed things up.

Is there a way to restore the proper equipment of the lissit, and reset who is supposed to have what?

ifulmen

That is a well known bug. If you have a mission with a deployment phase, you are lucky and can drop and reequip all. Preset missions are kinda dead end in such a situation.

But Craig should be able to find the source of the trouble soon.

Elvin

That's not quite the case though; it seems that the maces that all of the lissit should have are no longer anywhere to be seen. This includes the named mace that the high level lissit had. Are they gone forever now?

ifulmen

Pretty much yes.

When they joined my forces one of them had a wrench another one had sword equipped. None of them had a mace.... Fortunately, I am used to use my resources efficiently.

btw, I am not sure whether that was mentioned or not. I think each time this replacement/swapping occurs, we got new characters in our group and/or they appear in a different order in the list of characters during the deployment phase.

One more question:  do you trigger the load after the autosave? If you do so, there might be a bug in a save/load routines, some kind of incompatible change in the character map. If you do not trigger the load after the autosave, the load/save routines should be not the cause of the problem.
In case you suspect the load/save functions, try to turn off the autosave and let me test it next weekend.