News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Action Option Duplication causing high levels of slowdown

Started by lucybydesign, July 28, 2015, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucybydesign

Hi Craig,

Liking the game a lot so far, but I ran into something that's made it really difficult to move forward.

While playing on casual mode, I've had some weird issues with my casters (Louise and Falasat). Sometimes when you start a battle, their spellcasting options will be duplicated and tiled over and over again, like in these screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489871503

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489871466

What results from this is that whenever I try selecting them on the battlefield, it results in a good 2-3 seconds of lag now before I can take further actions with them or select another character.
This has happened across multiple campaigns with Falasat. When it got too much to deal with for him, I tried restarting/redoing my campaign to see if that would fix it, and then it started happening with Louise as early as the battle for the caravan.

I think that something might be happening when the characters die, or possibly when they are respawned (since this is casual mode where this is ocurring). Falasat and Louise had died once or twice when this started happening in the campaigns, and it seems like some for loop isn't getting stopped or perhaps a function keeps getting run more than it needs to.

Anyways, great work on the game so far. I'm enjoying it a lot :)
Let me know if you have other questions about the issue.

Lucy-

7thsage

Same thing is happening to me, but with Zimmer, so its not specific to just spellcasters. I'm also in casual mode. It's also duplicating his items.

bugfartboy

I've bumped into this issue before, but thought it was a result of one of my experiments. What's happening is the save file is being overloaded with duplicates entries of the same character, and it seems the game isn't too happy with that.

CraigStern

Ah! Knowing that it's specifically happening in causal mode is important; this will help me figure out the cause and fix it. Thanks!