News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Equipment duplication and grayed out equipment screen

Started by Gindara, August 15, 2015, 11:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gindara

Hi!  So I've been playing on steam which I assume is patched to the latest version, and my equipment has been duplicating.  I don't consider that an unpleasant bug since I've been able to save money on boots and bandages, but I'm at the Coria Dog Bar level and I think that Gavrielle's equipment got too overfilled and now her equipment screen is just a big gray bar when I click on her.  Her equipment can't be accessed in the battle either.

I'm using the unbreakable weapons mod if that changes anything.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Gindara on August 15, 2015, 11:25:36 AM
I'm using the unbreakable weapons mod if that changes anything.
Hey there, I'm the guy who made the unbreakable weapons mod.  I don't think it should be causing any issues, as small as it is, but I can take a look and make sure it's on-par with the latest release of the game. (The only thing that might create any issues involves the file getting replaced in a patch, but even that shouldn't theoretically break the game this far.)

In the meantime, using a text editor, open up and look at the save file: are there multiple entries of Gavrielle?  If so, there's part of your problem; you're going to want to delete the duplicate entries.  If not, you can open look at and remove items from her inventory.  All information relating to an item is delimited by a double bar. (  ||  )  Deleting a strip of information from between these will remove that item from her inventory; for example:

<Inv>Practice Sword,Weapon Hand,c:Swordsman:Fencer:Hero:Champion,,,Sword,15,25,0,0,0,0,0,0,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,20,0,10,,Sword Wooden,Flimsy practice sword. Strength -1.||Bandages,triggered,,,,,2,16,12,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,20,,Bandages,Restores 12 health.</Inv>

If I wanted to remove the practice sword from this character's inventory, I'd delete this:

Practice Sword,Weapon Hand,c:Swordsman:Fencer:Hero:Champion,,,Sword,15,25,0,0,0,0,0,0,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,20,0,10,,Sword Wooden,Flimsy practice sword. Strength -1.||

which would leave me with just

<Inv>Bandages,triggered,,,,,2,16,12,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,20,,Bandages,Restores 12 health.</Inv>

If that doesn't help with your problem until Craig can swoop in and prevent it from happening again, I don't understand things as well as I thought I did.

Gindara

Thanks for the help!  Also, I really appreciate your mod, for me at least it makes the game more fun!

So, there are multiple entries for Gavrielle.  I have her character data three times: as character 1 out of 29, 23 out of 29, and 24 out of 29.  So presumably I should only keep her as character 1, but should I also delete the total number of characters down to 27 when I delete her two extra entries.

For example, looking at out favorite axe lady, "<CharacterData>    Madeleine Strongarm ( 24 / 29 )"  Should I change her numbers to (22 / 27)?  I'm not sure whether changing her numbers would create or prevent further problems.

Edit:  I tried that, as well as deleting some of Gavrielle's extra equipment (there was a LARGE surplus) and it worked(at least for now).  Thanks!!!

bugfartboy

Glad i could help!  Yeah, multiple character entries have been an issue I've seen crop up more frequently as of late. More bugs in the save system, I guess!