News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Re: Formulated Enemy Ideas

Started by hellboy222, March 05, 2010, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

so surround them and they can't hit you, sounds pretty avoidable to me.

Ertxiem

Some golems are slow moving with high hp. Their attacks are melee or close range (the spin saw attack by the bronze golem). Other golems are static with extreme range attacks (energy golems). Dorgon is in between of these two types. I think that there is space in this niche to create another golem between the bronze golem and Dorgon. Still slow moving (1 square) and with high hp (but lower than the bronze golem) with an attack with range 2 or 3. If it has a melee attack too it may be more powerful than the other golems (which might be great as a boss guard). I liked the cannon golem from Barzul's story. However, I didn't like that much the suggestion made about the bolt shooting golem. It's too close to a gun. I think it was more fitting to see a golem wielding a mace ball with a long chain, perhaps with a range 2 attack.

Just as a remark: in the security station mission, in at least one of the maps it was quite hard to avoid being hit at least once by one of the bronze golems.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

cyso

Quotehuh, I always viewed golems as slow, hard hitting, goliaths, in which case, having a ranged golem would be a good idea, filling the ranks.
So did I. Not surprisingly, opinions on what niche the golems fit into varies from person to person.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Indeed, the golems have their own niche, but there is variety to be found within them. I actually think that, as Ertxiem rightly said, there is space for a slow-moving golem with a ranged attack- a bit like the Bronze Golem, but rather than covering area near itself, it could launch forward attacks. I do believe such a unit can be avoidable- at the very least it will not be hard to calculate which area of the map they'll be able to cover in the next turn, so I don't think the range of a 2-3 tile hitting attack is such a big issue.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

Has it been decided what it will be shooting? is it regular crossbow bolts or is it going to be a steel spike/bolt type thing?

cyso

I prefer a heavy bolt or javelin over a crossbow bolt. After all, if the bolt is going to penetrate enemies, I would want it to be a little heavy.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

hellboy222

yeah it cant be too heavy though because then it would be hard to explain realistically.

Presentiment

Well telepathy is the deus ex machina of the Telepath universe.

Zhampir

but, of course, the mechanical golems are not really known for their psychic abilities... hmm maybe we should have one! lol nah, that's too far, I think.

Presentiment