News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Malignus

Started by Zhampir, March 15, 2010, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

The time traveling black Spriggat.
Should he appear once more?
If so where?

I think he should. I also think his little "pit" that we met him in was his own little pocket dimension that he used to travel through time. So theoretically we could meet him anywhere so long as there is an access point to him. I think it would be more of a surprise if we found him somewhere else entirely. Perhaps even when we storm whatever lair the Cult has claimed as their headquarters?

torugo

maybe if we have the right stats we can go up that other staircase in baz cellar to see malignus
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zackirus

I think it should be in the library and after you beat the cult and the game. The solider in front of that area leaves and in the back area is more bookselvesbut their is only one book. To open that book you need 30 psy power and that book transports to the same pit as before.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

A very interesting idea! hmm.. but would there be continuous play after you complete the game or would it become a game + ?

Zackirus

No it would be the same game just after you beat the game that perticular solider leaves, sort of like how hellion gives you a chest if you start a new game+ after you beat the queen or the dean

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I do agree, as I mentioned elsewhere (Somnus Wishlist) that Malignus should be seen once more. I think that allowing the player to have the Hero of a different affinity would be a neat idea and, as last time, to be able to play through all the main-game battles. As for the location, I think Ravinale is too obvious: after all, that is the main city of action, and Somnus was in TRPG2. I think this time around it should be more subtle, almost accidental, the ability to find Malignus (and would require a high power level as well).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

Hmm. Perhaps we could include a Narnia element? The hero could be walking the forest and stumble upon the pocket dimension? or perhaps have some sort of tie-in with the Gelf who sell a mystical item as junk to the hero?

cyso

How about the player explores the deeper downs and finds him. The deeper downs are going to have something other than the random generated battles, so why not put Malignus there too.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

I was thinking of a minor location, such as the Great Forest. Any why not the Psy Academy: a great place for Malignus to ineract with Psy beings.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

but, KZ, he shouldn't be so readily available. Although wouldn't it be awesome if Malignus helps us take down Yawah? Of course it would take a lot of coaxing and I wouldn't expect him to directly help us (he could drop hints) until the final battle.

KZ

Who said readily available? ;) He can be guarded zealously by the Psy teaching staff and guards, so that no one harms him,and it would take a lot of persuasion to gain access to him. How about that?
Welcome to the forums!

torugo

Quote from: Zhampir on March 15, 2010, 04:50:32 PM
but, KZ, he shouldn't be so readily available. Although wouldn't it be awesome if Malignus helps us take down Yawah? Of course it would take a lot of coaxing and I wouldn't expect him to directly help us (he could drop hints) until the final battle.
that might make it a little easy considering malignus can control time
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zhampir

I don't think that a time traveling Black spriggat, (black spriggats not only being the strongest form of enemy we have encountered yet, but a time traveling one? now that is godliness) has any need of being "guarded" by any mere humans.

@ Yogc, that's why I said he would only help in the final battle against Yawah, after all, we would be facing a "god"

Also, if Malignus seeks/sought/is seeking (as he travels through time it's kind of hard to put any tenses to it) to be worshiped (as the word zealously implies) then I don't think he would've been in a pit all by himself.

KZ

If you remember the dialogue with him then you shall see that he has great wisdom and simply waits for events to pass by and futuer to unfold.

You are, however, mistaken: he does not travel through time, he travels along the same time-frame as everyone else. What he has is the temporal version of the Sight: he is able to see the most likely paths the future will take, the past and the present. He percieves beyond and above linear time, but he does inhabit linear time.
What he does with the Main in the pit is best verified by Craig himself, but it is likely, from the dialogue, that he simply allows the Main to share his (Malignus') vision of the past and the futures which concerns the Main.
The only discord are the Dean and Nelis battles, but that's maybe simply due to taking short-cuts with coding and not allowing the player to return to the main game.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

I had thoughts on how having the other battles could be explained.

Perhaps Malignus sees all possible paths, until that point there is no choice, but at that point the time-line diverges and so, Malignus can see both possibilities.