News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TPA2 Hero class preferences

Started by KZ, March 15, 2010, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which TPA2 Hero class is your favourite?

Swordsman
1 (4.5%)
Bowman
2 (9.1%)
Psy Fighter
15 (68.2%)
Assassin
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

KZ

So, given that you have a choice of what class the Hero will be, who do you usually choose?
Myself, I go for a Psy Fighter in vast majority of cases (along with useful Orb intake, making it a versatile, powerul and highly mobile unit), but have experimented with other class types as well and found that the Assassin is pretty good, especially when backed-up by orbs (effectively killing Shadow Guardians on last map in one go with Mega Stab!).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Frosty

I prefer Psy Fighter. The rest of the classes aren't as expensive in the meat market. Although, my favorite not counting cost would be swordsman, 'cause I can go to the frontlines and deal major damage without dying.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zackirus

My favourite class would have to be the Psy fighter because the majority of the orbs are geared towards Psy abilties, and I like having my hero stay back and shoot people and heal people at the same time.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Frosty

Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 07:15:43 PM
My favourite class would have to be the Psy fighter because the majority of the orbs are geared towards Psy abilties, and I like having my hero stay back and shoot people and heal people at the same time.
In TPA2, psy fighters can't heal.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

SmartyPants

This would make a great poll.
I like the bowman, because they can attack, while being out of harms way.

Zackirus

Quote from: Frosty on March 16, 2010, 07:21:35 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 07:15:43 PM
In TPA2, psy fighters can't heal.

Sorry I was thinking about giving them restiance (light mostly) rather than healing them, thats my healer's job :P
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

torugo

i prefer the assasin because its easy to get  back stab with one
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 16, 2010, 10:13:43 PM
This would make a great poll.
Good point, forgot to add it.

I find that the extra perks of using a Swordsman and a Bowman as Heroes don't really pay off: the special stats and the use of orbs seem to enhance the Psy Fighter and the Assassin to a much greater effect.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 06:44:25 PM
So, given that you have a choice of what class the Hero will be, who do you usually choose?
Myself, I go for a Psy Fighter in vast majority of cases (along with useful Orb intake, making it a versatile, powerul and highly mobile unit), but have experimented with other class types as well and found that the Assassin is pretty good, especially when backed-up by orbs (effectively killing Shadow Guardians on last map in one go with Mega Stab!).
Unlike the other classes, the Psy Fighter has to train Psy Power.  With the other classes you can train Strenth and allow the orbs to boost the amount of PsP instead of training Psy Power.

KZ

True, but then the Psy Fighter only needs one category to invest the gold in: Psy Power. And the orbs will boost PsP anyway. Whilst for other classes you also have to spend gold boosting the Strength stat, along with the Psy Power stat for any of the special attacks (this especially applies to the Stab attacks by the Assassin).
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 17, 2010, 01:25:28 PM
True, but then the Psy Fighter only needs one category to invest the gold in: Psy Power. And the orbs will boost PsP anyway. Whilst for other classes you also have to spend gold boosting the Strength stat, along with the Psy Power stat for any of the special attacks (this especially applies to the Stab attacks by the Assassin).
You only have to booste Psy Power to a point, then it will be cheaper to upgrade strength.

KZ

That's true as well, but then quite a few of the attacks from other classes will not be boosted by Psy Power, so that gold investment will not be as good, as only some of the attacks will deal more damage.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

I guess to each their own.  I like the bowman, because she is easy to keep out of harms way.

KZ

Out of interst, as I never used the Bowman as the Hero, do you actually use her in battles much, or do you effectively keep her as far away from the battle as possible?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 17, 2010, 04:52:20 PM
Out of interst, as I never used the Bowman as the Hero, do you actually use her in battles much, or do you effectively keep her as far away from the battle as possible?
I like to use her with a spearman or swordman.  The melee unit takes on the soldier, while the bowman picks them off.