News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Role of Aptitude and Personality

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

"For those who wonder if Personality and Aptitude are useful skills to have in TRPG2, I bring together some of the material collected from the forums, plus some of my own trial-and-error conclusions with these stats.

To start off, I'd like to say that apart from raising the number of teammates you can have in a battle with higher personality (personlaity 1 = +3 teammates, 7 = +4, 10 = +5, 12 = +6, 15= +7) and the decrease in price of your hero's level ups at Hellion's with higher aptitude (e.g. with aptitude 1 = mind blast level 1 costs 117 gold, ap 12 = 35 gold) there are several situations in TRPG2 where you can get an item/pay less money/earn more money.
I'll put the situations in a list below, I'll give the minimal aptitude/personality level in order to get an additional outcome option plus a brief overview of the situation and what you can gain.

-Penumbra won't refuse to open an account if personality is 8 or above
-you won't have to fight Vagrant or give him money if your aptitude is 10 or above
-you won't have to pay Niven to join your force if your personality is 8 or above
-you'll be able to recognise and hire Thallion's slave with aptitude 7 or above
-having personality 10 or above can come in handy when you've got dead comrades and not enough money to ressurect them all at Negatus'
-you may get an additional dialogue option with Nightling after mission 5 completion with aptitude 9 or above
-with aptitude 10 or above, you can do additional things to one of the item's you can by from Gelf
- I think that a certain personality level is required to get Grotius on your team, along with Helena & Flint, and maybe a certain aptitude level in order to be able to collect Spin Saws... can anyone verify please, I'll then amend this post accordingly, thanks!"
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!