News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Difficulty Challenges!

Started by KZ, March 16, 2010, 08:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

This thread is a spin-off from this thread, where users effectively have been discussing how to make the game-play more challenging. Most of the suggestions made though, I found, could be easily set by the users simply constarining themselves, rather than relying on the game to do so (that will certainly save Craig hours of coding time,and still allow users to enjoy a spicy tactical challenge!). Hence, here is a thread where you can share your suggestions on what the players can do to mount self-imposed challenges. And if you cheat, you'll know it, and, well, you'll simply have to be honest with yourself about it. Otherwise, if you succed: well done!

Let me start things off!

The minimal Nelis Challenge
There was one challenge which I accidently came upon due to a bug in one of the versions: if you minimize your GUI, you cannot maximize it. Thus, I was forced to play the entire Nelis battle (except for the first 2 or 3 turns) blindly navigating my troops around, having only vague idea of who has how much health and how much PsP! And it was done on Brutal: now that was very hard indeed! See if you can also beat Nelis on Brutal with the GUI minimized all the time! (Have a few practice battles beforehand with the GUI open, so that you get, at least, a feel for attack and unit stats.) Good luck!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

Here's one! Play TRPG2 all the way through on brutal but every time you lose, start the game from the very beginning. If you die in a mechanic battle, start over. Who can do it?

cyso

Here's another. Don't revive any teammates who die in a battle. I normally did a good job of keeping myself alive, but my teammates weren't so lucky. This one would be hard for me.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?