News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Teammates

Started by SmartyPants, March 18, 2010, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you put on your team.

Anya
14 (31.8%)
Darkling
31 (70.5%)
Dorgon
27 (61.4%)
Festus
31 (70.5%)
Flint
20 (45.5%)
Gamblin' Jack
25 (56.8%)
Grotius
31 (70.5%)
Guy
13 (29.5%)
Helena
12 (27.3%)
Niven
22 (50%)
Shadowboxer
32 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

SmartyPants

Quote from: frodo2040 on May 08, 2010, 12:18:13 PM
Guy can get just as strong as Shadowboxer.
At the same Psy Power, Guy's attacks are more powerful than shadowboxers

frodo2040

I know.  My point is lots of people like Shadowboxer, but not Guy because they claim he's too weak.  But, he's actually more powerful.

Steelfist

I prefer guy; I always overtrain my 'tank units'.

lentro

I dislike Guy, he is disloyal to the Main. They knew each other for a long time, but when he gets plans of his own, trying to serve who he thinks is just, he ditches him when he destroy's (succesfully) the academy.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

So does Anya, lentro- and if your best friend turned evil and decided to take over the world, would you stay with him?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

If he was succeding in taking over the world, probably, if not, i would try to talk him out of it, and i would still stay with him.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Barzul

Its not as much as refusing to help your friend take over the world as refusing to go with your friend to your school, kill all the guards, and enslave all the teachers and your school friends. Would you stay with them if it meant death or enslavement to almost everyone else you know?

Bromtaghon

That would make a good poll topic.

Anyways, I've probably already posted here, but the way I'd rank the teammates is:
[spoiler=My Team]
0. The Main.  Doesn't really count, since you HAVE to have him on your team (there are no Gamblin' Jack solo missions unlike TSoG.)
1. Gamblin' Jack.  He might move a bit slower than the Shadowlings, but he makes up for it in damage and health.  I chose him over Helena because of Snake Eyes, seeing as I don't use him as a healer and Recover is always bugged.
2. Niven.  His Trick Shot is especially useful for bosses, he can also attack both one and two tiles away without sacrificing much damage.
3. Dorgon.  He's slow, but he can weaken faraway enemies and/or bosses.
4. Festus.  He's more mobile than Anya and he can fly.  I buff up his Psy Power so he can do some decent damage before having to heal.
5. Anya.  Seeing as I play on Brutal now, two healers really comes in handy.
6. Shadowboxer.  He can fly and his speed is the third-best in the game (counting Flint + Steam Engine and Main + Green Orb), but until he gets Shadow Blast he's quite weak.
7. Guy.  Pyro Hail is rarely useful and is a waste of PsP.  He's also lacking in mobility.  Not that useful overall.
8. Flint.  He can use Steam Engine but it's always bugged for me, just like Jack's Recover.   He can unlock great attacks, but he can never get to the front lines in time to use them.
9. Helena.  I don't really use her.  Whirlwind is useful only as a suicide strike: send her in to a bunch of enemies and Whirlwind'em.  If there are enough to make it efficient, they'll kill her anyways.  Should have kept the 500 Gold...
10. Darkling.  Okay, it's a bit of a chicken-and-egg paradox, seeing as I never train him because he's weak and he's weak because I never train him.  He's mobile and I use him when I have no other teammates, but Shadow Blast isn't horribly useful when the Main, Guy, Shadowboxer, Niven, and Flint also have range-two attacks.  Feedback, on the other hand, is a bit helpful, but then he can't deal as much damage.
[/spoiler]
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

True, it would make a good poll topic.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: KZ on March 18, 2010, 07:25:47 PM
Ah, similar to who is your favourite teammate thread back in the old days!
Not an easy question, that!
Depends really on who the rest of the team are and what tactics you employ.
I'll go quickly through the list, categorize, etc.
Anya and Festus: healers. I'll go for Festus over Anya due to them having similar attacks, yet Festus having greater map coverage via his ability to fly and his greater speed.
Flint, Dorgon: golems. I'll never choose Flint, although he is fun to tinker around with, and is, in fact, the fastest unit in TRPG2 (by using his speed boost attack, he can attain speed of 13), I find he is a bit cumbersome to use and is, in general, very slow. Dorgon is also slow, but his attacks have a much higher range. So, with same mobility, but much higher range, go for Dorgon.
Gambli' Jack v Helena: melee fighters. Difficult one to call, his Snake Eyes can be pretty good, and he can heal and Recover, but Helena has this smooth all-around Whirlwind attack... Let's split it between them for now.
Guy, Grotius, Shadwoboxer: effectively Psy Fighters. Well, range-wise, Grotius loses out, as his area attack covers the least spaces. He does have high hp though. Guy loses out on mobility and inability to fly, but has Pyro Hail hitting 5 tiles. So, to a degree, Grotius and Guy are almost equal. Now, Shadowboer's attack covers 9 tiles, has same range, and he is a flying unit iwth greater speed (8) than the other two. Go Shadowboxer.
Darkling and Niven: mobile, individual assassins. Niven is a very odd Shadowling indeed, apart from his dodgy taste in food, he uses non-Psy attacks. It can be quite powerful and Trick Shot sure does the trick in some situations where all other units pass up. Both are flying units, Darkling a little faster (9 v 7), Darkling also has Shadow resistance, Niven doesn't. Darkling, however, can only learn either Feedback or Shadow Blast, meaning that in former case he is quite self-reliant, whilst in latter case he posses a good ranged powerful blast, but is quite weak in the health side. Probably Darkling edging Niven very slightly due to mobility.

Ok, I probably would go for a mobile unit, probably with a ranged attack, to sneure that I get the best field coverage. And that means it will likely be Shadowboxer.
I still don't understand how to attain 13 speed for Flint.
I doesn't care, do I?

cyso

If you get a gaget from gelf and talk to Helena, she will install it, and Flint will learn a new move. I'm not sure which one it is, but I think the second or third will teach Flint steam engine. Using steam engine will boost Flint's speed by one.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

No. You find the steam engine in the Deeper Down workshop. It's in one of the alcoves and is the only thing moving.

[spoiler=Hint]You can walk on the golem parts.

cyso

Oh. What are the gagets that gelf gives you, then?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

The flamethrower and Psi capacitor. Then the third item is the indigo orb.

Idozen Cair

But that still can't explain how Flint can get his speed to 14.
I doesn't care, do I?