News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Teammates

Started by SmartyPants, March 18, 2010, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you put on your team.

Anya
14 (31.8%)
Darkling
31 (70.5%)
Dorgon
27 (61.4%)
Festus
31 (70.5%)
Flint
20 (45.5%)
Gamblin' Jack
25 (56.8%)
Grotius
31 (70.5%)
Guy
13 (29.5%)
Helena
12 (27.3%)
Niven
22 (50%)
Shadowboxer
32 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

KZ

Well, Frosty, back on the old forums there was a general consensus that Anya is an inferior Healer to Festus, and a lot of the players used only one Healer, so Anya wasn't that often used as a key teammate.

Seems like Shadowboxer is quite popular overall.

What's also nice to see is that each teammate got at least one vote.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

People really like the shadowlings, because Darkling, Festus, Niven, and Shadowboxer have the most votes.
It is wierd to think in TSoG that we only get one shadowling.

KZ

Many seem also very keen on Dorgon, and he can be pretty useful on the battlefield, that Laser Blast is pretty impressive and covers for lack of mobility.
I agree, just general lack of Shadowlings make TSoG quite different from TRPG2, and I certainly would like to see a bit more of those beings in TSoG.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

I personally discarded the shadowlings myself. My team consisted of
Dorgon (so he could get the best position early)
Anya
Festus (the healers are marked first because my teammates are generally near the healers at the start of their turn but become further away to get the best attack)
Zhampir (the main, in the perfect slot because I can either use him to heal my forces or as a hard hitting tank)
Flint (or Helena)
Gamblin Jack (these two melee fighters come next because of their high health)
Grotius (one of the fastest in the group [besides the Main and Festus) I put him last for his manuvering and ranged attack so he can eliminate any weakened hostile that did not die (usually due to Gamblin Jack hitting low with snake eyes))

KZ

And why did you decide to discard the Shadowlings? (Curious whether you were driven by same reasoning.)
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 19, 2010, 08:53:31 PM
And why did you decide to discard the Shadowlings? (Curious whether you were driven by same reasoning.)
I liked the other characters better.  Darkling and Niven attacks were not very useful.  Shadowboxer's Dark Vortex caused too little damage for the cost of PsP.

Zhampir

Hah! Seems like we finally agree on something.

KZ

But both of you found Festus useful, right?

Personally, I leveled up Shadowboxer enough for him to be able to fire off 2 Dark Vortexes by the early mission 7, without the need to re-gain PsP.
As for Darkling, I also discounted him pretty early on, whilst Niven I trained up: with strenth and Psy Power, his Trick Shot could easily deal 50 backstab damage by mission 6-7.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

Having a healer that could easily move over half the battlefield is a great asset. Besides that he could fly. I often found situations where this happened:

OOOOOOOOOO
OOWWHOOOOO
OOWFTTWOOO
OOWWXOWOOO
OOOWOOWOOO

T: tank
W: wall or water
X: enemy
H: hero

Effectively protecting festus while he healed the tank and I could hit the enemies with a ranged attack with my hero, having anya there allowed my to further heal the tank behind my hero if festus ran out of PSP

Presentiment

The shadowlings have the best stats, so I included all of them in my team. I upgrade everyone equally, and Darkling is extremely useful for taking out weak ranged units.

torugo

i would choose
1.darkling
2.shadowboxer for there flight and shadow resistance and there ability to navigatee around the map
3.festus for his flight shadow resistance and healing
4.niven for the same reason as darkling and shadowboxer
5.gamblin jack for his luck with snake eyes
6.grotius for his flight and frostblast 2 ability
7.dorgon for his long ranged lazer
mock the pheonix you will burn

Mopman

to be honest, this is my team..
(in order)
darkling(he can take take out half of them in one hit)
shadowboxer(what darkling doesnt kill, he does)
flint(he never died, and he hits HARD)
main(bit of backup to flint in this position)
jack(enemys stating to disapear, he takes out captains no prob)
niven(backup to jack, finished the job)
dorgon(shoots survivors)
grotius(takes out the last of them easy)
for me, i never used healers because, for one, the main could keep everybody alive with big shield.
Die swiffers! You'll get it for messin with my woman!

cx

My team is battle dependant:

After I got Guy and Helena and Grotius I stopped using Dorgon.

Team at before game end battles: Main, Festus, Helena, Jack, Guy, Darkling, Shadowboxer, Grotius, Niven.

At Academy battle my team was Jack, Darkling and Shadowboxer in front and then from top to down: Main, Niven, Festus then Grotius and Helena.

Somnius-battles I used: Main, Festus, Helena, Jack, Guy, Darkling, Shadowboxer, Anya, Niven. At Somnius I see that 2 healers are needed

MikeW781

1. Darkling-useful for killing units early on
2. Shadowboxer- i found him as strong as main when he was leveled, shadow vortex is awesome
3. Jack or Festus-depends on enemy formation, i like having Festus here so that i can send the three shadowlings off to fight together
4. Main
5. Jack or Festus-Jack, Helena, and Main go on a rampage together
6. Helena
7. Dorgon-Dorgon and Grotuis work well together, taking out power units together easily
8. Grotius
This way, I could have up to three angles working, or just three, independant groups that can handle themselves alone
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!