News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Teammates

Started by SmartyPants, March 18, 2010, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you put on your team.

Anya
14 (31.8%)
Darkling
31 (70.5%)
Dorgon
27 (61.4%)
Festus
31 (70.5%)
Flint
20 (45.5%)
Gamblin' Jack
25 (56.8%)
Grotius
31 (70.5%)
Guy
13 (29.5%)
Helena
12 (27.3%)
Niven
22 (50%)
Shadowboxer
32 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Duskling

Yes, Helena's Whirlwind attack makes her very useful in tight quarters, but her problem is mobility and that she doesn't have long range attacks like the Main.

MikeW781

obviously, the main is the best teammate  ???
But, my question was about her versus Flint/Niven
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Flint has greater strength, but even worse mobility, and Niven has slightly greater mobility, but his aren't the strongest attacks in the game. I guess this means that no character is better than the other, they are all balanced in some ways, probably to get you to experiment more party combos and not discuss which character is better than which.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Cheddarius on April 24, 2010, 04:30:04 PM
Thanks! Er, do you know when Dorgon gets Burst Shot?
Also, why do so many people like him? His attacks seem awfully weak and situational for me. I've only ever hit two people in the time I've had him - never managed to line up three in a row.
I have written down 12 Power and 20 Power but no attack names besides my notes, so I assume that Burst Shot is attained at 20 Power. Can anyone confirm this?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Barzul

Quote from: Duskling on April 24, 2010, 07:21:08 PM
Flint has greater strength, but even worse mobility, and Niven has slightly greater mobility, but his aren't the strongest attacks in the game. I guess this means that no character is better than the other, they are all balanced in some ways, probably to get you to experiment more party combos and not discuss which character is better than which.

Well if you have the psy power to spare, Flint really has the best mobility, I normally get him to about 6 moves in a normal fight and I once got him to 20 moves when I was messing around. And if you give Niven enough strength it works out well as strength X 2= damage dealt, I don't think any of the others have that high leveling up.

Cheddarius

Nah, that wasn't sarcasm. Dorgon's attack is genuinely useful for hitting far-away enemies and for keeping the front lines clear (there's no point in having 8 teammates if only 4 are actually attacking).

cyso

Personally, I used Dorgon to sort of harass the enemy from across the screen. They really couldn't do anything about it.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

MikeW781

I am an over leveler, so Dorgons laser blast deals 30 damage now :)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

frodo2040

Why does everyone choose Guy over Gamblin' Jack?  I pick Guy over Jack because my team focuses on mobility.
Okay, so both of them have the same speed, but Guy has attacks that allow him to attack 1-3 spaces away (and diagonally, too, I might add.)  I find Pyro Hail very useful.  I can have Guy and Shadowboxer use their area attacks on different groups, and my other teammates finish the enemies off.

My Team is this (in no particular order):

Shadowboxer
Darkling
Festus
Dorgon
Niven
Guy
Grotius
Main (obviously)

torugo

the reason people pick jack over guy is because gamblin jack can heal people and he has som powerful move and guy's pyro blast barely even does anything
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 07, 2010, 05:31:23 PM
the reason people pick jack over guy is because gamblin jack can heal people and he has som powerful move and guy's pyro blast barely even does anything
Guy has the option of using a powerful area attack or powerful single hitter.  Jack is limited to attacking one person at a time.

torugo

pyro hail barely even does anything when guy uses it

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 08, 2010, 11:27:55 AM
pyro hail barely even does anything when guy uses it
That is because you don't train Guy's Psy Power very high.

Is your Shift buttons broken, because KZ has been emphasizing for a long time that we use proper grammer in these forums?  Sentences start with capital letters.

torugo

power and defense at 23 is not enough for guy to get strong.
and yes i have serious keyboard issues my shift buttons are messed up and most of my keys stick i would get a new keyboard but im saving up for something else

frodo2040

Guy can get just as strong as Shadowboxer.  I had no trouble keeping them doing the same damage.  Guy is less maneuverable, but he's better than Jack.