News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

mission 4 finish/game release date

Started by Steel Ersatz Man, March 19, 2010, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Ersatz Man

When will it be created past the part where you free your parents from execution?
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Zackirus

Quote from: Ersatz Man on March 19, 2010, 03:00:45 PM
When will it be created past the part where you free your parents from execution?

Craig will get to this as soon as he can. I assume though that it will only take another 2-6 months to complete, if Craig works his but off. And this isn't the forum to ask that question  ;)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

2-6 months?

That's both a long range and I think, probably inaccurate. I bet if he decided to work on it he could finish it quickly, but it is more economical to finish the game mechanics and user interface first, rather than making the mission and then redoing the interface.

KZ

I think it's best to hear what Craig himself has to say about the production times, folks, rather than simply guessing. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steel Ersatz Man

So where IS the forum to ask.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Zhampir

at Cstern's current rate, I'd say 2months for somnus, 1month for the great forest, 1.5 months for the deaper downs, another month for lake alto, 2months for the Psy Academy, and another month for the Gelf. If everything goes well and nothing more is added that means 8-9months. That's not including time to eliminate bugs, which we are still finding from the update several weeks ago. Craig probably wants to release it this year though.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 21, 2010, 10:18:21 AM
at Cstern's current rate, I'd say 2months for somnus, 1month for the great forest, 1.5 months for the deaper downs, another month for lake alto, 2months for the Psy Academy, and another month for the Gelf. If everything goes well and nothing more is added that means 8-9months. That's not including time to eliminate bugs, which we are still finding from the update several weeks ago. Craig probably wants to release it this year though.
You base your information off of what?

Zhampir

Just an estimate to how recent updates have come.  Do you see it taking less or more time then? Or just have a problem with my guessing?
I'll admit, there is no statistical value I can base it on.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 21, 2010, 02:12:54 PM
Just an estimate to how recent updates have come.  Do you see it taking less or more time then? Or just have a problem with my guessing?
I'll admit, there is no statistical value I can base it on.
I hava a problem with the guessing.  You are telling people something that may not be true.

Zhampir

eh, but it keeps them from asking questions for awhile.  :-*

torugo

yeah but when they find out it was a guess then they start to get mad
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zhampir

then they have no body to be mad at but themselves, as stated, it was a guess. Craig himself admits he doesn't know when the project will be completed.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 24, 2010, 05:11:23 PM
then they have no body to be mad at but themselves, as stated, it was a guess. Craig himself admits he doesn't know when the project will be completed.
yet you claimed you knew when.

KZ

Folks, this is a pointless discussion: I am sure when Craig gets a rough feel for the completion date, he'll let us now. For now, the most honest answer is that the completion date of TSoG is unknown, but steady progress is being made at the moment.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

I agree with KZ but seeing many game developments and the depth that this game is going through I would bet about 10 months + Bugs depending how many there are.