News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attack icons

Started by KZ, March 19, 2010, 08:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which attack icons you like more?

The old ones.
6 (42.9%)
The new ones.
7 (50%)
No preference.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

KZ

I was wondering, folks, just how many of you like the new icons, and how many of you prefer the old attack icons?
It's just that I personally find the new icons very unappealing, and all looking rather similar (like the Mega Shield one looks like something I'd expect a Light Blast to look like).
The only two icons I actually like from the new set are the Big Shield and Solid State Shield ones.

I don't know, but it definitely would be interesting to see how the old attack icons look like with the new GUI, 'cause right now they're just too similar-looking and, well, just the way they are collated together looks, to me, unattractive.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

I like the new icons but I do think they could vary more. The old icons, I think, would seem out of place... (though I'm considering the entire button including the background). However, the new ones seem to fit the overall scheme. I'm rather impartial. As long as they're not giant red X's and they do their attack I'm happy with them.^^

Presentiment

Old ones were hard to see.

KZ

Really? How odd- I find the reverse to be very true.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

The new ones fit the style much better than the old ones, and I like a lot of them, like melee, split shot, bow, bow two, and mind blast, but I do agree with KZ that the shield icons do look a lot like light blast aught to.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

I liked the old ones better, but the new ones looked better with the new GUI.  I prefer the new GUI, so I say we should stick with the new ones.

KZ

Yeah, got the same dilemma: I really don't like the new attack icons, but the new GUI does convey the look way better than the old one did. It would be interesting to see if, using old graphics, but tweaking the background a little, the old attack icons can fit in with the new GUI- that would be the best combo, in my opinion.
Welcome to the forums!