News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Anya or Festus

Started by SmartyPants, March 19, 2010, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the better healer?

Anya
Festus

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: Tinkerbell on April 14, 2010, 12:44:41 AM
Let me point this out:

Festus has everything Anya has and much more in terms of mobility. Therefore all your arguments about getting her out of the way are moot because you can be sure Festus will be better in that position.

The point is arguing Anya vs. Festus, and Festus trumps her in mobility and therefore damage, has slightly more HP, and a more useful resistance, and he has Big Shield, which can potentially heal three times more people than Anya's Long Shield.

Anya has long shield? She has big shield too. At least my anya has it.

torugo

how far do you train anya or big shield mine wont learn it
mock the pheonix you will burn

Ertxiem

Anya gets big shield at defence 13. You can take a look at Upgrades for teammates' at Hellion's, inside TRPG2 Walkthroughs.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Frosty

Let me point this out:

Festus has everything Anya has and much more in terms of mobility. Therefore all your arguments about getting her out of the way are moot because you can be sure Festus will be better in that position.

The point is arguing Anya vs. Festus, and Festus trumps her in mobility and therefore damage, has slightly more HP, and a more useful resistance, and he has Big Shield, which can potentially heal three times more people than Anya's Long Shield.
The reason I like Anya is because she heal people safer. I play Fire Emblem a lot, and in that game, allys can't get revived if they die. So I'm used to keeping people alive a much as possible. It also saves me gold in this game, and if you side with the academy, people can't get revived afterword.

Plus, how does he trump her in damage? Up there psy power they do the same amount. And Festus only has 1 more health.
P.S. Sorry about being offline so long.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

Festus does not trump Anya in damage, I believe- they heal and attack for the same amount.

As mentioned earlier, this really boils down to personal preferences for a few pros for Anya (e.g. Light Resistance, useful in battle against Nelis and pre-Nelis battle), over quite a few for Festus.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

I think his point is that Festus can get to enemies more easily and thus can deal more damage during a battle than Anya, not that Festus' attack deals more damage.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Purplemandown

Personaly, they are both good.

Festus is fast, can heal himself, and has big shield.  I voted for him.  However, there is another senerio in which Anya is just as useful.

Mission 6.  Anya (using mind/long shield) can heal the fighters withough worrying about being caught in the breath attacks (except the dark ones, there breath reaches 3 squares.)

Duskling

Welcome to the forum, Purplemandown! Follow the rules and enjoy your stay! Now, thank you for stating that they are both useful, because they are, and for explaining the scenarios! Though, it has been settled that they are both useful in their own way already, thank you for reminding us.

HeadShot

Quote from: KZ on July 06, 2010, 04:45:47 PM
Festus does not trump Anya in damage, I believe- they heal and attack for the same amount.

As mentioned earlier, this really boils down to personal preferences for a few pros for Anya (e.g. Light Resistance, useful in battle against Nelis and pre-Nelis battle), over quite a few for Festus.

Thats what I think.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

speedygeek

I just use both...

Use Anya for healing guys with range attacks and Festus for healing melee guys.

What's wrong with playing it safe?  :)

HeadShot

Quote from: speedygeek on December 31, 2010, 05:16:42 PM
I just use both...

Use Anya for healing guys with range attacks and Festus for healing melee guys.

What's wrong with playing it safe?  :)

yeah!
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....