News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Allies, Neturals, and 2 Enemies!

Started by Zackirus, March 20, 2010, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I was thinking for TSoG that there should be 3 new ideas added into the battle system:

Allies:

Maybe for Some missioms you shoud have a a group of different people working on your team but you do not control these guys. They fight along side you and attack the enemies, they would be like the enemy A.I. execpt they would help you!

Neturals:

Also you could have some enemies that would just run around the stage only fightin people you hit them first. This would be possible if you had a battle in the middle of the streets of a town and their were still civilians were you fighting. I know this idea has been mentioned before, but I am just bringing it up.

Another Enemy

Lets say for example that you walk into a guard camp, and they are already being attacked by some bandits, instead of choosing sides, you would be thown into the battle, where you would have to fight both enemies, but here's the catch, the enemies will attack each other (team one an team two).

Thoughts People?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

Yup, I always wish a 'Forces' system similar to Starcraft was employed in here.

KZ

Those ideas have been brought up before, and they're highly appealing, but I think this is more applicable to much larger battlefields (plus requires some significant tinkering with the battle-engine). I wouldn't mind seeing this tactical battlefield to be expanded to, say, 4 times the size, and have more enemy units moving around, a side-scrolling feature, and have several enemy units (but I am not sure if the current AI would handle that well). But I certainly think that maybe for a future project such an expansion would be really intersting to see through: a combination of TSoG unique teammates (the leaders of several units), combined with the numerous faceless soldiers of different classes- interesting for one huge battle. Definitely appealing. (The downside, of course, would be the length of time each battle would take, and the need to have a bit more variety in battle, since the bigger the force, the less importance the tactical element will have.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Having allies would make the game too easy, because the allies would replace an enemy unit and your troops will have to less work to do when the allies injure or kill enemies.

Presentiment

I would be thinking more of using those aggressive-neutrals/allied neutrals to delay an enemy. For example, in exchange for his name Azma and his fellows attack guardsmen trying to bust the Resistance.

KZ

Ah, so you're thinking of expanding the concept of having someone extra like Gen. Darekye on your team, but without the player controlling him?
I still think the map is too small for those type of things, but on a bigger map it would be a good idea.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

Could Craig make a bigger map? If he could, I would love the idea, but otherwise, KZ is right.
QuoteHaving allies would make the game too easy, because the allies would replace an enemy unit and your troops will have to less work to do when the allies injure or kill enemies.
If your team alone would be outnumbered 3:1, having a few allies would not make the game too easy.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?