News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Pointless Polemics

Started by Presentiment, March 20, 2010, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

Quote from: KZ on March 20, 2010, 05:08:21 PM
If you haven't experienced the bug in that fashion, Presentiment, then you cannot go on to make such statements, as you simply have no bug data to work with.

So anything you haven't experienced is a bug, and everything you have experienced as a bug is a bug.

Which means everything is a bug?

I don't think it is likely, because there is no trigger to move after dialog is finished, and because the two dialog boxes are probably programmed as one entity; e.g., one cannot exist without the other. 

KZ

Yet another completely pointless argument made, Presenitment.
But I'll humour you this time: if you have not seen a bug occur, you cannot claim that it does not exist just because it didn't happen to you, when another users claims to have experienced it.
Apart from the last line, it does not contirbute constructively to the thread topic in any manner, and it does not holid in and of itself any useful and constructive feedback to any of the users.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

And trying to make me look bad doesn't help anything either.

It just makes you look butthurt.

KZ

I am ensuring that these boards are not overrun with redundant posts, no matter what guise they form.
If you don't keep them in check, soon  there will be plenty of them.
All I am doing is letting you know of this, how that looks from the side is an entirely different issue.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Quote from: KZ on March 20, 2010, 07:54:07 PM
I am ensuring that these boards are not overrun with redundant posts, no matter what guise they form.
If you don't keep them in check, soon  there will be plenty of them.
All I am doing is letting you know of this, how that looks from the side is an entirely different issue.

And you're saying your posts in that topic aren't completely redundant?

KZ

Absolutely. If you look carefully, I, in a nice and friendly manner, addressed the issue, summed up what's said above amidst a lot of off-topic discussion and gave a suggestion on how to solve it in the future. I also tried to ensure that the user felt comfortable, after being cooly recieved by you, so that he will return to our forums and possibly contribute something interesting and constructive to the ongoing discussions.
Welcome to the forums!

Presentiment

You restated what had been said before, and then what can be summed up as a PC kthxbai.

Which in turn encourages more silly topics like the one in there.

Anyways, this isn't a very big deal, though I'm a little bit ticked off at being singled out.

KZ

Maybe, but then I expanded it and actually gave some advise of how to avoid the situation in the future.

I can imagine that you are, but almost everyone does something akin to that, myself included, once in a while and gets singled out. Think of it  as a head-up on a few things- I wouldn't be doing this if it was I alone who thought it worth pointing out.
Welcome to the forums!

Presentiment

Quote from: KZ on March 20, 2010, 08:11:45 PM
Think of it  as a head-up on a few things- I wouldn't be doing this if it was I alone who thought it worth pointing out.

Oh, you wouldn't?

-.-

Anyways, let's drop this because it makes me squirm inside to think of an internet argument going along these lines.

To put it politely, in text format.

KZ

Nope, I certainly wouldn't.

Good then, I also find this highly unpleasant and unappealing, likewise politely put. Topic locked then.
Welcome to the forums!