News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

You could contact Ertxiem or wait for KZ.
What if Luca had an attack that dealt damage based on the number of Soul Charges she had? Instead of Soul Suck, it could be Soul Discharge or something like that.  Maybe it could hit all enemies on the board (for a small amount of damage, otherwise it would get too powerful.)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

MikeW781

hmm- i agree that Luca needs more offensive ability, and a reward for not using soul charges would be nice. But and all-enemy reaching attack that could not be used often is not the best way to achieve either end.
But i do think Lucas speed sould be six. I just can't picture a ghost that moves as fast a Set or Griffin....
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on June 13, 2010, 04:03:46 PM
hmm- i agree that Luca needs more offensive ability.
But i do think Lucas speed sould be six. I just can't picture a ghost that moves as fast a Set or Griffin....
I see Luca as a support class like Set, so her attacks should focus on support instead of offence.
Just because a spirit floats, doesn't mean the spirits move fast.

Quote from: mikew781 on June 06, 2010, 05:52:04 PMBut, does everybody support the idea of Set getting recover? If not, speak now or forever hold your peace
Recover has been suggested a dozen times in the Old Forums, so I believe that Craig has an unverbalized reason for not giving it to Set.  If I had to guess what his reason is, then it would be that Recover makes using Set too easy.  I have found that I have to keep Set back, because he has already been attack and if I send him forward, then he will die.  If I had recover then I can constally heal everyone; which would be too easy.

MikeW781

I don't think its fair to blast and idea based of reasons only you recive from Craig, and apparently through telepathy.......
And he has a self healing move: Big Shield. The reason for giving him recover is so that he could heal himself without the grinding required to allow him to use Big Shield to heal only himself.

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 14, 2010, 01:00:20 PM
Quote from: mikew781 on June 13, 2010, 04:03:46 PM
hmm- i agree that Luca needs more offensive ability.
I see Luca as a support class like Set, so her attacks should focus on support instead of offence.
Just because a spirit floats, doesn't mean the spirits move fast.
In this, I see your reason, and believe it to be up for debate

GOD

Its a little late, but i like recover

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on June 14, 2010, 01:39:40 PM
I don't think its fair to blast and idea based of reasons only you recive from Craig, and apparently through telepathy.......
I wasn't blasting yours(and many old forums member's) idea, but telling you to not get your hopes up.  In fact, I would find Recover very useful.  I don't know about telepathy, but basic logic shows that this idea didn't interest him in the past.  If Craig liked the idea of giving Set 'Recover' when it was first suggested, then he would have done so instead of develeping new attacks like Static Shield and Solid State Shield.  Since it didn't interest him in the past, then it is unlikely it will interest him now.

The hostile tone isn't necessary.

MikeW781

Apologies for the lack of patience, but Craig responds to very few of the ideas posted, even on the formulated section, so far. Through no fault of his own, he's just busy with making the game. I sarcastically pointed out that lack of response was not the same as a negative response, and did so by naming your source as telepathy. To be honest, you stand by the idea that he has something against it as a complete fact, when the only evidence is a lack of evidence, and it seemed that you were assuming to much. However, in retrospect I was not on the old forums, and have never seen KZ or Craig directly refer to the idea in any way. A quote would help such a point.

KZ

Recover by Set: I think im2msart4u hit the nail on the head with the reason as to why Craig didn't add it in the first place. However, now that the enemy AI is this much smarter, with Duvalier likely to be occupied by other things on the battlefield, I think it's a good idea to give Set Recover and allow him a chance at being useful in "mid-field" as well, otherwise, couple with his lack of offensive skill, and with his very low health, he'll be quite a nuisance to deal with on the battlefield.

In fact, methinks Malis having Feedback and Set having Recover seem the most logical and likely additions that wouldn't require that much extra tinkering with the code, unlike new attacks. (Plus, Craig did say that he'll eventually add Feedback to Malis.)
Disregarding Craig not taking this up earlier, do you actually want to see Set equipped with Recover, im2smart4u?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on June 24, 2010, 08:26:33 PMDisregarding Craig not taking this up earlier, do you actually want to see Set equipped with Recover, im2smart4u?
Set already told a story where he imagened himself in a bubble to avoid bullies.  That sounds like Recover to me.

KZ

Good, I do hope Craig decides to add this attack in as well.

So, let's have a look at where we currently stand with attacks on each teammate and see if, given their supposed role on the team, is anyone glaringly missing something extra to give them an edge? So far, Rahel recieved an additional sniper-type attack, which is good, and hopefully Malis will recieve Feedback, to put her on par with other teammates. Thus, if Set gets recover, methinks we'll be doing well of getting him to be less of a burden on occaison and fair competition to any other healer that might end up on the team (last I heard there was talk of Shadowling Healer helping out the resistance as a possibility).
Personally,  I would like to see a strength sapping "poison" attack for Arman (I'm sure he can get hold of Desert Scorpion stingers with ease), and it could be a crucial addition to his set- plus assassins are known for not overlooking poisons.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

Quote from: KZ on March 25, 2010, 10:36:23 AM
Ok, we have another attack that was generally very well recieved and wanted to be seen in-game, thus, I bring you:

Arman
- Poison Stab/Strike
Range: 1
Effect: reduce target's strength by 1 (same as Desert Scorpion's Sting)
Sidestab+Backstab effctes: same as Stab
PsP cost: 7

Don't you mean this one.....

KZ

Touche, I've been away for so long and had to read more than 1000 posts which were made in my absence with regards to the games, that there are a couple of things I forget.

In any case, who do you reckon should get the next new attack?
For the potential future teammates, how would we like to see Red Spriggat or Spearman attack arsenal increased?
Welcome to the forums!

MikeW781

Its no problem- although its the first time i saw you forget something. Now my faith in the mods is lost, and im going to become an internet troll. JK

But i think the idea for a more spread out fire breath attack, with areas

OOROO
OOXOO
OXXXO

or
OOROO
OOXOO
OXXXO
OOXOO
has been suggested. I like the idea of this attack, with the top area, and a damage of [Psy Power+Skill+2] that is unlocked at a certain Psy Power, then when its at level 2, an attack with the bottom area and the same formula would be available. Maybe it could be called Fire Spew and Fire Spew 2?

Bromtaghon

The bottom one is the same as Pyro Hail- not that there's anything wrong with identical attacks (i.e. Melee/Thresh.) 
How would this attack be implemented? Higher-level Fire Spriggats?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

MikeW781

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 30, 2010, 09:31:50 PM
How would this attack be implemented? Higher-level Fire Spriggats?
No- your fire spriggat would get them after a certain level of psy power