News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Accually its losing energy as it strikes which is regained as the user keeps slashing. Therefore they all get the same amount of damage. And in the vortex, who said the most was in the middle?

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 03:35:41 PM
Accually its losing energy as it strikes which is regained as the user keeps slashing.
You are conterdicting yourself.  First you say it speeds up when it hits and now you are saying that is slows down when its hits.

Therefore they all get the same amount of damage. And in the vortex, who said the most was in the middle?
Read anything about Vortexs, Twisters, or Hurricanes.

bugfartboy

I never said Slash sped up as it hit. Im just saying that it is continually regaining energy as it is in motion.

mezzoforte

maybe this argument should be continued offline.

And did anyone see my post?

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 11:09:50 AM
Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman
Does anyone dislike the idea of Piercing Throw for smart reasons?

mezzoforte

bugfartboy

HAHAHA... It holds great tactical advantage. Sorta like Dorgons Laser Blast except not the range and physical instead of light.

Ertxiem

I agree that some attacks could affect more some targets than others (depending on their position). The thing is, that might be harder to code. The TRPG2 engine wouldn't allow that (as far as I can tell). Perhaps the current version of the TSoG engine (or the next generation engine) can allow a dependence of the damage with the position of the target. In that case, some a few more area attacks could be coded that way too. I'm waiting for that day!

As it was mentioned a few pages back, the piercing throw has been suggested before, so it seems that the regulars around here agree with the regulars of the old forums. I personally like the idea, but we have to be careful to keep it unique.
The spriggats have their breath attack that can have range 1-2 and range 1-3. The bowmen also have ranged attacks: range 2 and range 3.
So, range 2-3 seems to be the best we can have (even if it's a bit too close to the bowman attacks). I haven't thought about the damage (it would require comparing with the other attacks, and I'm lazy at the moment, sorry).

The fire/frost(/dark?) gust look like being a fine attack to have.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 17, 2010, 03:41:09 PM
Therefore they all get the same amount of damage. And in the vortex, who said the most was in the middle?
Read anything about Vortexs, Twisters, or Hurricanes.
Yeah. The eye of the storm is the safest place. Read
Its a silly thing to argue about anyways
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

Along with that, I thought of a new attack for Arman and Set

Dissaper
Arman will use his skills to vanish from the Battlefield for one turn and repears the next turn.
Range: Self
Effect: For One turn, Arman cannot be attacked by anyone nor can any step on his square
Cost: 8

Unbreakable Shield
Set with create a shield so powerful it will be able to deflect any attack off without harming the one with the shield. Altough it only lasts for one turn and one time only.
Range:1
Effect: The person who gets the shield cannot be harmed by any means of attack. It only lasts for one turn and one time only
Cost: 10

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

I like the Shield, it would add tactics for fighting really strong bosses, but don't like Dissapear. It just seems like it wouldn't work in the TRPG world. Especially because Amran can only use PSy to bolster attacks and jump.

bugfartboy

Yeah. The unbreakable shield would be nice though maybe if it restricts speed for that turn as a kind of extra payment. Disappear is kinda overdoing it. Arman shoulnt be able to vanish off the board. He's an assassin, not a magician.

Ertxiem

Sorry, Zackirus, I don't see the point in Disappearing, unless he can attack after disappearing. (And what about the counters? That would give Craig an headache to disable them if Arman attacks after disappearing.)

I don't like to be so negative, but why is useful the unbreakable shield? If it's there until the character inside moves, I can see it's usefulness: the resting character would increase his/her PsP.

Alternatively, an unbreakable shield could be applied to an enemy for a few turns with an effect similar as freezing him: he can't move nor attack our allies for a few turns.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

The Shield would help because if your tank (Griffin/Duvalier) was in mid combat against a heavy hitting boss, Set could cast it and allow the tank to recover Psp/ finish the boss without dying.

Zackirus

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 17, 2010, 07:04:24 PM
I don't like to be so negative, but why is useful the unbreakable shield? If it's there until the character inside moves, I can see it's usefulness: the resting character would increase his/her PsP.

I never said that it would dissipate after they moved. I said that it would only last one turn/one hit. I also thought that you would first use the shield on Griffin then he would charge boss in the level, and then be safe from his attack.

I don't mind Ert, It is correct-critism (A skill which, most people don't have). Besides it is just an idea and not the world.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada