News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 04, 2010, 07:40:47 PM
I like the air blast for the Spriggat. Perhaps a better name would be jet stream or Levanter or Aejej. (I also thought about wind tunnel but where is the tunnel?)

I'm in favour of Rahel having a new area attack. However, hitting only 3 places seems not enough (we already have one attack hitting 3 places) and hitting 7 places seems too much (in my opinion). I usually prefer nice symmetric shapes and I tend to see them as easier to make regularly than shapes with less symmetry.

I recall a suggestion of (arrow rain?) an arrow area attack x shaped, hitting 5 squares simultaneously.
OXOXO
OOXOO
OXOXO
OOOOO
OOROO

What do you think about it?
I vote yay. I guess arrow storm is a bit much for a single attack.

Steelfist

Combo Slash; really just an advanced version of double slash, striking three times.

bugfartboy

Cypher

Yay for arrow rain. I think 'Jet Stream' sounds best. There is no need for 'Combo slash': Double Slash is already powerful enough, don't you think?

bugfartboy

Who knows? I vote nay on Combo Slash. We may want that space for something more original instead of an upgraded version of something already there.
[spoiler] Nay! Nay! Nay! Nay! (I'm a horsy!) :) :) :) :) [/spoiler]

Cypher

Does everybody agree on the name 'Jet Stream'?

bugfartboy

Ehh. I don't know about the name. Unless someone has a better idea, I'm cool with it. That's a Yay.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Steelfist on September 05, 2010, 12:03:40 AM
Combo Slash; really just an advanced version of double slash, striking three times.
Do you mean Double Strike? And you're suggesting triple strike?
I don't think triple strike is an interesting attack.

However, if you're suggesting a Double Slash, that I would think it's interesting, striking up to 3 enemies and dealing double damage.

Alternatively, Griffin could attack left and right simultaneously (I recall this one being suggested before) perhaps using 2 swords or in a big movement:
XXX
XGX
G - Griffin, facing North (up)
X - attacked spaces
It could also be an attack where Griffin attacks from his back to his front, passing through is right side (same image as above, but with Griffin facing West (right).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

cyso

Attacking left and right simultaneously in the manner that you suggested seems to be like an incomplete whirlwind to me. I don't to much care for that. Striking up to 3 enemies and dealing double damage sounds better to me.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Here is where I repost an idea that was in the wrong place:
Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on July 27, 2010, 09:36:34 PM
I think another thing I would like to see would be like a training center where Malis can learn a very secret ability like umm... the AI controled Psi Copy suggested in another topic. It could be called the Shadowlings Shadow.

"Malis was experimenting with Shadow Blast and discovered that she could make a perfect copy of herself by rearranging gobules of negative energy. Curious, she added more and more negative energy to the form until she could no more. The resulting image seemed to have a mind of it's own. However she discovered that after a small amount of time it vanished in a small blast of shadow."

What do you think? It could have a small amount Malis's health and power and there could only be one. Anyone like?  :) :) :)

Cypher

Before moving on, I'd just like to make sure that you have all voted on Jet Stream/Air Blast.

ArtDrake

I vote Nay.

Sorry, but I have to vote nay on something.

Cypher

KZ

Ok, folks, what with your unfortunate recent spur of changing your usernames, it's been a tad difficult to follow who's been voting for what. However, for the "Jet Stream/Air Blast" idea, we have 6 "yay" and 1 "abstain". Thus, it goes into formulated.

For arrow storm, can all those who voted, vote again, as the area of the attack has been re-suggested many a time. Myself, I would support an attack of about 5 tiles, but it has to be animated in a plausible fashion, and then, how can you explain Rahel being so fast (the Gift?), etc!

Ert: I believe the double Slash has been suggested before (the praying mantis), but I think it was ultimately rejected for Griffin, with people instead wanting him to have Whirlwind.

Shadowling Shadow: I think it's too close to Solid State Shield and the extra teammates brought on by Gelf (if that makes it in)- thus that might not be ideal, but a moving decoy is an interesting idea nevertheless.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Cypher