News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

Well, Rahel seems to have received quite a few suggestions, and she has more than 4 attacks.
The spearmen seems limited somehow. Maybe it's because they can only target a few spaces. I think diagonal jab would be a good attack for them.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Ertxiem

Remark: A diagonal throw only attacks one of the diagonals.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 15, 2010, 03:23:31 PM
Spear Jab: The Spearmen grips his spear like a staff and jabs it to the sides on him
Cost: 6
Range: 1

OOOOO
OXSXO
OOOOO

X= space effected S= Spearmen O= Spaces Unaffected

Diagonal thow
Cost: 4
Range 1

OXOXO
OOSOO
OOOOO

O=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman
How do you hit two targets at once with one spear?
Diagonal throw may work, but Jab is impossible to do with a spear.  To move a long pole quickly to the side and then stab would be very difficult.  That is why phalanxs are vulnerable to attacks from the side.

cyso

The attack would allow you to choose which diagonal to attack.

Zhampir

simple, diagonal jab 1 and diagonal jab 2, or it could utilize and idea I proposed earlier (that I'm pretty sure was readily discarded)

KZ

Exactly as Zhampir said- see the other page for me suggesting that. There will be two attacks that are mirror images of each other. Also note that the Spearman won't attack to the side- which is, indeed, difficult, but would rather attack slightly off-centre, and that is more than possible, and for a good Spearman something that should be quite doable as well.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

The jabs could be called left jab and right jab instead of jab 1 and jab 2.

Zhampir

I think left and right would indicate directly left or directly right jabs. Perhaps Left Diagonal Jab and Right Diagonal Jab, though those names seem... a bit lengthy for my tastes.

cyso

The little yellow outline should show which square the attack hits, the left or right is just so the attack would have a name other than 1 or 2.

KZ

Diagonal Jab R and L would probably be best, the "Left Diagonal Jab" sounds too technical to me.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Perhaps the names could be just Jab left and Jab right. The yellow squares would explain the rest. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Heh, that is probably the simplest and best form.

Also, just as a general reminder, something that Craig said he'll look into:  Malis to get a 5th attack, the Feedback!
Essentially, to make her a stand-alone unit and more useful during latter stages of the game, have her equipped with all the attacks Darkling could've had. After all, she seems to be the quick, Darkling-like type, rather than the slower, more Psy Fighterish Shadowboxer type.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

I agree with the dead cow with two small Mandelbrot sets for the naming of the attacks  :P

Zackirus

Although you get Jab Right for upgrading your Defence first to 10 compared to Jab Left which you get for upgrading your Attack to 12
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

You reckon the attacks should be given at a different power range?
I disagre, as I think it requires skill, rather than power, to direct the attack diagonally, so if the person learsn how to do it in one direction, they can as easily learn how to do it in another. Though I can see how from practical position that would be good- to allow the player to develop the teammate and truly appreciate the mirror attack if it becomes learnable at a later stage!
Welcome to the forums!