News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

I'd suggest removing any recharge time- that's not really in Telepath style. Apart from that, I think the damage formula is fair (-12, to ensure very small damage is dealt). Costs seems fair, so do the suggested levels required for obtaining it.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I editted my previous post but I was thinking: Split Shot 2 (Level 2)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Recharge time has been removed. Hope this makes it the the formulated thread ;) I'm curious to see how many more people will agree/disagree...

KZ

Mmm, Zackirus, what exactly do you see in terms of Split Shot 2 (level 2)? Why not have Split Shot level 3?
Still, I am not sure if Rahel needs any more attacks now that she has trueshaft.

Let's see indeed how "Air Blast" fares (maybe another name for it?).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Yes but Trueshaft is a one tile while Arrow Storm takes up many tiles and having it take Split Shot 2 Level Three is fine. Although KZ, are you: yay or nay for the idea.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

With the edits, escpecially for Air Blast, I give my vote for both.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

I give my vote as "yes" already, but if not many other people are, then that probably means some revision is in store.

KZ

Just to clarify: zackirus, did you simply re-name the attack into Split Shot 3, right?
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing it, though I do have trouble imagining how she'd be able to fire off so many, and what the cost will be, etc.
If people are not giving straight yes/no answers, chances are, the idea may be interesting, but modifications/alterations are required.

(I am keeping track of what people are suggesting and for what- things have been going pleasantly fast lately!)
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

I forgot the two, Opps! I am very glad to see that most people like my idea.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

How is Craig going to animate Rahel notching 7 arrows?  Look at split shot 2, there isn't room for a fourth arrow to be fired.

KZ

And what do you think of the "air blast" with new modifications?
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

OOSOSOO
OTOTOTO
OOFOFOO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO

I was thinking that she would fire arrows in three different waves. She would hit the Fs first, then hit the Ss with 2 arrows, and finally, she would fire three arrows hitting the Ts.

- Lord Canada

KZ

Effectively, what you're suggesting is a triple attack? Well, I think having a double attack would yet be credible- what with her using her Gift to speed up the process and training up, she might be able to hit 5 spots- using Split shot followed by Split Shot 2. But I think if this attack makes it into the game, it should be towards the end: the ultimate ranged physical area attack, so to speak. Under these conditions, I wouldn't mind at all seeing this attack in the game, as long as it's balanced by a very high PsP cost (circa 15-18) and requires high strength and psy power level.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 04, 2010, 01:48:23 PM
And what do you think of the "air blast" with new modifications?
It is alot better.  I am not thrilled about, but I won't fight it.  I chose to not vote yay or nay for formulation.

Cypher

I'm hoping some of you could suggest a couple of new names for 'Air Blast'... I don't like the name myself, to tell the truth, but I couldn't come up with a better name...