News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Craig's biggest suck-up on September 09, 2010, 10:44:32 PM
How do you know that she isn't a unique mix? Like Beefalow. 3 parts bison, 5 parts cow. Or is it the other way around? You get my point.
The same reason we know that Anya wasn't an offensive unit.

bugfartboy

The Holy namelesskitty

So, how does that make a difference explain your logic.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

She was specifically classified as a healer in her profile. Luca just says spirit. That doesn't make her just a support.

The Holy namelesskitty

And what does that have to do with four slots?

bugfartboy

Luca has a total of eight. She has more options open. I thought you were for this namelesskitty.

The Holy namelesskitty

No, I changed my mind to a nay for this due to amazing arguments.

bugfartboy

I remove myself from this debate until a mod comes in and agrees or disagrees. Or both.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on September 09, 2010, 11:16:42 PM
I remove myself from this debate until a mod comes in and agrees or disagrees. Or both.
I'll choose a bit of both.

I agree that the teammates may evolve to less expected characteristics (depending on what Craig decides). Nevertheless, I recall Craig saying that he wanted characters to be unique (in particular their attacks). In that sense, I think that Luca is indeed a support character and her attacks should be, in general, non offensive.

This being said, I must say that I like the idea of a health/energy drain, provided it doesn't have a very drastic effect. I see it quite useful in a battle against enemies with a bunch of healers.
In order to make it less aggressive, perhaps only the max health could be reduced (i.e., no damage inflicted if the new max health is still above the current enemy health). In this way, it will be quite hard have Luca killing someone with this attack (it will probably be easier to use Soul Suck).

Speaking of Soul Suck, although useful, it's the attack that allows her to refill her PsP and support her allies.

By the way, if Luca is cornered she can kill her direct enemy or, using less violence, Juxtapose out of of there.

Picking up again the Psy Bridge suggestion, it seems that it should be called magic carpet instead! :) Since the affected character can fly in the next turn. Hey! That would be a reasonable attack for Luca to have if you think Set isn't the most suited one for it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 10, 2010, 06:06:46 AMPicking up again the Psy Bridge suggestion, it seems that it should be called magic carpet instead! Since the affected character can fly in the next turn. Hey! That would be a reasonable attack for Luca to have if you think Set isn't the most suited one for it.
In theory it sounds good, but I think Craig has designed levels in which most characters are forced to stay land bound.  For example, the Battle of Fawaz Gorge is created with the idea that you had to face the Ravinale Swordsmen on the bridge.  The level would be too easy, if everyone could fly across the gorge.  Plus, Psy Bridge would take away the significance of the Azure Orb.

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 01, 2010, 07:49:35 PMPirouette- Luca uses her mysterious powers to rotate her friends or foes 180°.  This would help teammates face thier foes.  It would also make enemies vurnable to backstab.
Element: Spirit
Range: 2 Spaces
Cost: 5 Psy Points
Damage: No Damage
I want to hear more then KZ's opinion on Piroutte before it is shot down.  This attack would work great with Griffin's backhand and Arman's stab.   It encourages Luca's role as a support class.

ArtDrake

Darn you, im2smart4u! That DOES IT!!!

Cypher

bugfartboy

Naayyyyyy. I just don't like it. Gut instinct. Or maybe just that bean burrito coming back to haunt me.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 10, 2010, 09:12:41 AMI want to hear more then KZ's opinion on Piroutte before it is shot down.  This attack would work great with Griffin's backhand and Arman's stab.   It encourages Luca's role as a support class.
Piroutte would be an awesome support attack that I would way more useful, then Juxtapose.

Useful Scenarios for Piroutte
*Have Griffin backhander his enemy to do massive damage.  Then you can use Luca's Piroutte to set up Griffin for a counter-attack, while protecting him from backstab damage.
*You are facing a Ravinale Swordsman.  Arman could leap over him and backstab him, but then Arman would be venerable to backstab himself, because there are many enemies behind the swordsman.  If he attacks a Ravinale Swordsman from the front, then he will be hit by a counter-attack.  If Luca uses Piroutte on the swordsmen, then Arman can backstab the swordsman without getting hit by a counter-attack or being backstabbed by enemy soldiers.
*By attacking the frontside, Duvalier can't do a finishing blow with his elemental blast and he doesn't have enought steps to attack his enemy from behind.  If Luca uses Piroutte, then Duvalier can blast the enemy into oblivion.

bugfartboy

I still don't like it. And a solution fort he past would be to get the extra step from arman. Which I do anyway.