News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Craig's biggest suck-up on September 11, 2010, 12:22:13 PM
And a solution fort he past would be to get the extra step from arman. Which I do anyway.
The sixth step doesn't mean that you can always be within back stabbing range.  For example, can that extra 6th step help you in this scenario?  No it can't, but Luca's Piroutte would be able to turn the enemy, so Duvalier can backstab him with an elemental blast.

OOOOOO
OOOEOO
OOOOOO
OOOOOL
ODOOOO

O=black space
E=Enemy facing down
D=Duvalier
L=Luca

bugfartboy

Accually it can. Go up 4 steps. Go right 1 step. Go up another step and turn around. Bam. Backstab.

bugfartboy

You edited the scenario diagram about an hour after I posted the solution. I believe the original layout was
OOOOO
OOEOO
OOOOL
ODOOO
Or something very very similar.

-Edited Later-
What about new elemental attacks. I was thinking along the lines of different area attacks.
Heat Wave
The user carefully accelerates the movements of particles in the air to create a wall of heat that is then launched a short distance.
Range: 3, 1-5 horizontally
OOOOOOO
OAAAAAO
OOOOOOO
OOODOOO
OOOOOOO
O-Empty
A-Affected
D-Duvalier facing North

Cold Front
The user carefully slows down the movement of particles in the air to create an invisible wall of cold that is released directly in front of the user.
Range: 1-2, 3 spaces per row.
OOOOOOO
OOAAAOO
OOAAAOO
OOODOOO
OOOOOOO
O-Empty
A-Affected
D-Duvalier facing North

Solar Ray
The user uses radioactive particles in the air to create a wall of light near the user.
Range:1-3, both sides
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
AAADAAA
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
O-Empty
A-Affected
D-Duvalier facing North

Shadow Eclipse
The user harvests corrosive maisma to create a half moon on the users right spreading a small distance.
Range:1, semi-omnidirectional
OOOOOOO
OOOAAOO
OOODAOO
OOOAAOO
OOOOOOO
O-Empty
A-Affected
D-Duvalier facing North

I decided not to include formulas just yet. I wanted to know what you think. I am open to suggestions/revisions.

cyso

I say yay for piroutte if it isn't already too late to vote. If Luca can move teammates with Juxtapose, she should be able to turn them around without a problem.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Ertxiem

I'll give a small yay for pirouette. It's not an attack that I think it makes much sense, but I can see some use on the battlefield (for instance, the examples given by im2smart4u).
It doesn't make much sense because the enemies would try to cancel its effect. That would be easier for them to do that cancelling the effects of juxtapose because the former only rotates the enemy without moving him (thus, rotating back wouldn't need any steps) while the latter moves the enemy (requiring 1 or 2 steps to move back) and it's previous position will become occupied.

I liked the idea of having new elemental attacks. And I think that the Arch Preist of Craiginism tried more or less to complement the current elemental attacks with those new ones. However, I don't agree with that. I think it would be more interesting for a player that if he chooses an affinity, then his choice would have a style carried on through the game, meaning that if the elemental area attacks are ranked from cold (very close range) to light (very long range), the new attacks should fit in this idea (that's what I tried to do when I proposed the mini elemental area attacks that may be suggested without the necessity of an orb).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

How would you want them changed? I want them revised if they need revised.

Ertxiem

Mmm... perhaps:

Cold Front
OOOOOOO
XXXDXXX
OOOOOOO

Shadow Eclipse
OOXXXOO
OXOOOXO
OOODOOO

Heat Wave (the same)
OXXXXXO
OOOOOOO
OOODOOO

Solar Ray
OOXXXOO
OXOOOXO
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
OOODOOO

or
Solar Rays (that might be too close to the fire gust in the short range part of the attack)
OOOXOOO
OXOXOXO
OOXXXOO
OOOXOOO
OOODOOO

O-Empty
X-Affected (the "X" has almost the same size as the "O" in my screen)
D-Duvalier facing North
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

They look different. Which is what I was going for. I like them. And I'm glad one of my attack layouts was like. I like the Solar Ray you suggested better than mine. Does anyone have any more comments/revisions/votes/formula idea/costs?

Ertxiem

Perhaps the Heat Wave and the Shadow Eclipse could be more different...
I hesitated in making a wider Heat Wave
XXXXXXX
OOOOOOO
OOODOOO

I don't have many ideas on the formulas.
The PsP cost and the damage could be perhaps 25% to 50% higher than the exiting elemental area attacks, but things as squares hit should also be taken in consideration.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

bugfartboy

What do you think Mr. "I'm gonna attempt to be mean to APoC by saying "He has the biggest suck up name ever""? Yeah. I caught that im2smart4u. What dontou think of the areas and such?

The Holy namelesskitty

I was thinking maybe elemental hooks

Elemental hook

XXXOO
BBXOO
BBDOO

X=affected
B=barrier
D=dualiver facing north
O=empty

I'm just wondering how this area attack will go over with everyone. Ifind myself in this frustrating position so often and would like to see something done about it.
Yay for revised area attacks because I like the fire one a lot(fire is my favorite affinity)
Yay for pirouette because it sounds useful.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

They aren't revised. They are new area attacks. Or are you refering to Ert's revisions of mine?

The Holy namelesskitty

Ert's revisions of course, what isyour opinion on mine?

bugfartboy

I don't know. What would the explanation of why it hooked be?
And would I be safe to assume you like Heat Wave?

The Holy namelesskitty

It doesn't actually hook, deliver fires the attack into the air so that is falls behind the barrier andthen fires two shots straight in front of him, so it's two lobs and then a pair of shots of varying distance in front.