News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellboy222

I don't like those attacks well the psp to health because you would never run out of health but the health to psp is okay.

cyso

I don't know if the arbalest should have the multi-shot attack. I think it makes it too powerful.

I think spear men need more attacks. Maybe a longer ranged impale, or a "critical strike"?
Critical strike would be a more powerful version of melee, but would cost more.
The enemy uses psy power to strike accelerate their spear (not throw it) into the enemy.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Spearmen alreadyhave imaple (Psy Arena 2) it up to craig to add in anothr attack for them
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

Spearmen only have three attacks. That might be okay for enemies, but I think your future teammate should have more attacks. Normal archers only have one or two attacks, but Rahel has four. Normal spearmen have only three attacks, but your future teammate will probably have more.

Zackirus

Maybe instead of adding a longer ranges attack maybe the spearmen grabs his spear like a staff and jabs at his sides

Spear Jab
Cost: 6
Range: 1

OOOOO
OXSXO
OOOOO

X= space effected S= Spearmen O= Spaces Unaffected

what do you think
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

That would be nice. As of right now, spearmen can only attack enemies on a few squares.

Ertxiem

I assume that in the Spear Jab, the Spearman is facing north (up).
I like that idea (and I remember something similar being discussed in the old forums).

Another attack talked about in the old forums was a diagonal attack (2 diagonals possible):
XO
OS
S - Spearman facing north
X - Affected space
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Indeed, a similar idea was mentioned on the old forums. I think the diagonal one can be rather useful, especially in bottle-neck situations, and simply areas where there is little space. This will make a unit unique, since all other units go horizontal/vertical, rather than diagonal with their one-tile attacks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

No, Rahel accomplishes the same thing with Split shot, but this would be a great way to augment her abilities. Would this attack be stoppable by terrain? The spaces the rocks take up leave room for a diagonal attack.

KZ

Split shot takes 2 or 3 tiles, not one, and it is a ranged attack, not melee.
I was thinking about the issue of this being a stoppable attack, and I think that the best way would be "no": an obstacle in front of a spearman shouldn't really prevent him from attacking an enemy on a free adjacent tile via a tile that's also, most likely, obstacle free.

OOO
EXO
OSO

O=empty
X=obstacle
E=enemy
S=spearman
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I agree with KZ. Its not as if the spearman lunges forward, stabs the enemy to the side, and jumps back. All he does is attack in a diagonal line. Would there be an attack for both directions, or would you be able to chose which side you attack?

KZ

I think this attack can take up two attack spots, so that the player can choose which side to attack (I can see how Niven might be only able to throw the knife in one direction, using his one hand only, but I find it absolutely ridiculous that a spearman can do a diagonal jab only in one direction).
Oh yeah, let's have "Diagonal Jab" as the working name for this attack.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 09, 2010, 04:50:11 PM
Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman

I already suggested a 4th attack for a spearman.

Zhampir

As in TSoG you can have up to 8 attacks, I don't see any reason to not include the Diagonal Jab and the Piercing Throw a long with any other attacks.

Zackirus

We have three attacks so far for the spearmen:

Piercing Throw: A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman

Spear Jab: The Spearmen grips his spear like a staff and jabs it to the sides on him
Cost: 6
Range: 1

OOOOO
OXSXO
OOOOO

X= space effected S= Spearmen O= Spaces Unaffected

Diagonal thow
Cost: 4
Range 1

OXOXO
OOSOO
OOOOO

O=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman

- Lord Canada