News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 27, 2010, 01:55:07 PMI think Griffin is currently lacking a little in his attack arsenal- his attacks are nice, but Slash does not look impressive at all in comparison to Helena's Whirlwind- now that was something. A bigger area attack, perhaps? 'Cause so far he has two identical melee attacks, like Stab and Mega Stab, useful, granted, but not providing with much of variety. Backhander certainly stands out in this respect. But then, Slash doesn't seem like a very powerful area attack. Any thoughts on this?
I think if Griffen upgrades Slash to attack-level 2, he should be able to learn Whirlwind.  I think Griffin's Whirlwind would need to cost more PsP though.

Whirlwind:
Element: Physical
Range: Omnidirectional
Cost: 8 Psy Points
Damage: ? ? ?

Quote from: KZ on March 27, 2010, 01:55:07 PMUn-named Red Spriggat, probably will have 3 attacks, at least- Mind Blast, Fire Breath and Fire Breath 2. (Deducing this from TPA2.) So, would that be enough? 3 attacks, whilst most other teammates will have at least 4? I don't know. I did suggest giving an extra elemental shield, but then it would mean that Dulvalier's elemental shield with Heat would be a bit useless. How about giving a Shadow shield to Malis, a Cold Shield to Luca and a Light Shield to, say, Set? But I don't really like that idea much.  There was a suggestion of the Red Spriggat performing the following attack:

XXX
OXO
ORO

O=empty, X=hit, R=Red Spriggat

With the Spriggat using his Psy power to disperse, rather than focus the fire erupting from his mouth. This attack will then be complementary to Fire Breath 2, as it has shorter, but wider range.
I like it.

Quote from: Zackirus on March 27, 2010, 08:40:39 PM
How about for Griffin we have an area attack that is like slash only 5 X better. I was thinking about an attack that almost add the same effect, but I wanted to put griffen in much less danger and have more of a opportunity to hurt the enemy.

Hack:

Cost: 14

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOGOO
OOOOO
G = Griffin Facing North X= Space Affected O= Unaffected Space

Ideas/Improvements People?
How long do you think his sword is where he can swing a ranged area attack?
This just wouldn't work.  Plus, Griffen's niche is close combat.

KZ

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 30, 2010, 03:54:03 PM
I think if Griffen upgrades Slash to attack-level 2, he should be able to learn Whirlwind.  I think Griffin's Whirlwind would need to cost more PsP though.

That's a very good idea- I like that. I think Griffin should be able to learn Whirlwind at high PsP, so it's more of an extra-bonus, ultimate melee attack which will definitely come in very handy towards the middle/end of the game. I suggest Strength 12 and Psy Power 12 for that one- it will certainly require a lot of focus and strength to carry out. And it's completely logical for it to be an extension of Slash. 8 PsP sounds perfect to me. Initial damage- same as Slash, methinks, otherwise it will be too overpowered.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

a new attack for Set
Immortalize paralyzes an enemy for 2turns but also makes them immune to damage.

Barzul

I don't think immortalize would be a good title for that, doesn't quite fit. Maybe something more obvious... like Immobilize or Stone Shield, maybe even Grogon Gaze.

KZ

Problem with that attack, Zhampir, is that it affects the active enemy stats- speed, and therefore, the enemy AI. At least, I suspect that might be the case, hence it would be difficult to implement in. Also, methinks other teammates might need a new attack more than Set at the moment.

What think you of Whirlwind and the new proposed area attack for the Red Spriggat?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

they're good.^^
And I don't think it would effect speed (they could still attack then) just bypass their turn.

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on March 31, 2010, 02:26:53 PM
What think you of Whirlwind and the new proposed area attack for the Red Spriggat?

I like the whirlwind attack for griffin but the new proposed areas (Red Spriggat) attack seems a bit weak (Pryo Hail only missing one square) what about a an attack where it would go

XXXXX
XOOOX
XXOXX
XXOXX
XXRXX
X= Not Affected O= Affected R= Red Spriggat facing north

This could also be the level up for the attack though...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on March 31, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

XXXXX
XOOOX
XXOXX
XXOXX
XXRXX
I tried that for the Light Spriggat and no one liked it.

cyso

Personally I like
XXXXX
XOOOX
XOOOX
XXOXX
XXRXX
Instead of the fire spreading out a lot after staying in a thin stream when hitting the first enemy and flaring out suddenly when getting to the third space, I think the fire should spread out after hitting the first enemy and move forward after that. Of course, now the attack looks over powered.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Wait, Have the Attack first as (around 12 PsP):

XXXXX
XOOOX
XOOOX
XXRXX

and you can get it to level 2 where it does (12 Psp)

XXXXX
XOOOX
XOOOX
XXOXX
XXRXX

I like this personally better as it gives it more room to grow and power up your spriggat.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

I'm not for or against that idea, but I don't think the second attack should use the same amount of PsP perhaps 15? and also needing Psy Power to be a certain level (perhaps 15 itself)

cyso

Since my proposed attack would be really powerful, I agree with Zhampir when it comes to the psp cost of the attack. I'm not quite sure about the psy power level he proposed.

Zackirus

Ya maybe the PsP could be higher (I'm thinking around 15 for the second one) The Psy Power I do not agree on as well. What do you guys Think Level 1 of this attack 12 Psy Power, and Level 2 15 Psy Power?

- Lord Canada

cyso

I don't think the 12 psp attack should change into the 15 psp, I think the spriggat should have the option to learn the 15 psp attack after he levels up the 12 psp attack, and the two attacks should be kept seperate. That way, the spriggat could use the 12 psp attack if he didn't have enough psp to use the 15 psp attacks.

Zhampir

Wait, are you saying the attack itself evolves into the second attack?
Not that the Spriggat just gains the availability of the attack from the trainer?