News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Elemental Area Attack

Started by Mr Manlyguy, May 08, 2010, 09:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Manlyguy

So I definitely have the proper levels as far as psy power and defense, and my elemental attack is level 1, but I still cannot learn the area attack. When can you learn it? (I am playing in the downloaded version if that matters)

Zackirus

To my understanding, your elemental attack must be level 2 before you can learn you area attack
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Mr Manlyguy

Hmm... someone should update the "Player Upgrades at Nameless One"

KZ

Strange, as far as I am aware, one requires elemental blast level 1 before the elemental area attack is available to be learned. Craig, can you clear up this matter please?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

He's right: area attacks like Pyro Hail and Cryo Cross require a Blast level of 2 to learn.

KZ

Aha, so it has been changed in absentia! I shall edit the walkthrough page accordingly, thanks Craig!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

algebra15

So as to not clutter the forums with a new thread with a topic very similar, I wanted to post an idea on the levels required for elemental area shield.

I reached blast lvl 10, and shield level 0, and still the area shield was availabe. I figured it would be easier to get the area shield through leveling the shield, (lucent in my case), so I think the unlock is close to

Blast lvl + Shield lvl*2 (or maybe 3 or 4) = 10

Or depending on how you look at it,

Blast lvl/2 + Shield lvl = 5.
To verify this, I would have to know how how high a shield level you have to have to get area shield without leveling your blast.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

MikeW781

Unlocking the area shield is based of your Big Shield level, not yourMind Shield level. Check it out, you probably leveled Big Shield and didn't notice.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

algebra15

Okay, then. So the area shield is unrelated to the elemental shield, and you can get one without the other?

MikeW781

Yes. The small elemental shield is earned from a Mind Shield level of two.

algebra15

But can you get the Area shield before the elemental? Sorry, but my idea of the system just got flipped like a burger at Denny's.

Note: I am not advertising, promoting, or in any way proclaiming Denny's to be superior in any way to another restaurant, in service, prices, food quality, or burger flipping. The example was for comic effect only.

MikeW781

Yes. It does sound odd, but it is possbile, and happened to me multiple times, because the few times I used Duvalier to heal were group emergencies.