News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Uh, maybe it's just THE HUGE STINGERS COMING FROM THEIR BACK!!!  That and it would be difficult to design.

Chrono

Not in favor of scorpion riding.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Official vote
  Nay
    •Chrono
    •Buggy

ArtDrake

How, exactly, would it be difficult to design?

And I didn't come up with this idea; I am not looking for a vote, here, either.

See? Easy to design.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on November 05, 2010, 11:32:29 PM
How, exactly, would it be difficult to design?
You can't fit a large horse in a small square.

Count me as a Nay for all mounts.

ArtDrake

Keep yourself informed, im2smart4u. We're talking about mounted riders on scorpions. If pets, why not war vehicles?

SmartyPants

So the scorpion stabs his stinger through the rider to hit his enemy? That seems dumb.

We would never see a scorpion rider, because they would be in the clans.  The clans are neutral or allies in the game, so what is the point of an enemy who we will never fight?

Chrono

Quote from: Duckling on November 05, 2010, 11:40:35 PM
Keep yourself informed, im2smart4u. We're talking about mounted riders on scorpions. If pets, why not war vehicles?
You're digressing. That didn't make much sense, and if you're using it to suggest ideas similar to the catapult, nay. When you destroy said war vehicle, it's likely the people in it will die. Scratch that. I don't want to be stuck in a battle with at least one enemy with mental immunity. That's my main concern.

[/spoiler]

The Holy namelesskitty

It makes no possible sense, nay.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

Official Vote:
  Nay
    •Chrono
    •Buggy
    •THN
    •im2smart4u
  Yay
    •Ducky

Is anyone else thinking that the idea is dead?

ArtDrake

I NEVER VOTED YAY, NOR DID I CALL FOR A VOTE!!

The relations with the Rubats are yet to be decided, are they not?

As with a horseman, it is not the scorpion that attacks, but the rider, with a weapon of their own.

I'm not digressing; you're the one not making sense, Chrono. I can obviously see that although a Siege Ballista makes perfect sense, given the technology available to the Mechanics, it didn't fly.

I am referring to anything ridden in war as a "war vehicle" (Vehicle: any mean by which something is carried or conveyed), and I think if scorpions can be trained not to kill kids in the clans, they could be trained not to kill their riders.

Also, Chrono, if you don't want to be stuck in a battle with "at least one enemy with mental resistance", you'll have to refuse to play the game; many enemies have mental resistance.

Holy Namelesskitty, you're only expressing how the general community is prebiased against this idea. What do you mean, "It makes no possible sense, nay." It makes plenty of sense, and if they have backstories like friendly characters riding the scorpions so you can ask about them more, so as to not be in the dark about them.

Buggy, if people were not so prejudiced against the idea, I think it might fly, but however, since everyone "knows" that a scorpion rider "wouldn't owrk", it's probably best to lest the idea die. R.I.P., scorpion rider.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on November 06, 2010, 08:59:47 AM
I NEVER VOTED YAY, NOR DID I CALL FOR A VOTE!!
You don't get to tell us when and when we can't vote.  Everyone, but you was ready to vote, so Bugfartboy tallied the vote.

Quote from: Duckling on November 06, 2010, 08:59:47 AMAs with a horseman, it is not the scorpion that attacks, but the rider, with a weapon of their own.
Then what is the point of riding a scorpion?  People ride horses because of their speed, yet a scorpion is just as fast as a bandit.

ArtDrake

Maybe they use their speed of 3 all the time when ridden by a willful rider, as opposed to just in lunges.

bugfartboy

And Ducky, you can't say that you hadn't said yay or nay. You had been officially defending the idea, therefore it was counted as a yay seeing as you had yet said otherwise. And Ducky, scorpions are as fast as a bandit, they pose no tactical advantage to the enemy, and are difficult to design. And by unanimous vote, you were creating so your vote is a minor, the idea was rejected and turned down. Now please move on.

Chrono

Ducky, it seems that you need to cool your head off.

Firstly, read what I wrote. I did say immunity, not resistance. Those are two different things. If you want to quote, do so properly, like this.
Quote from: Chrono on November 06, 2010, 12:10:12 AM
I don't want to be stuck in a battle with at least one enemy with mental immunity.
Unless you're saying that machines have minds, I will have an automatic nay vote on machines.

Secondly, read what you wrote.
Quote from: Duckling on November 05, 2010, 11:40:35 PM
We're talking about mounted riders on scorpions. If pets, why not war vehicles?
Does this make sense to anyone else?

[/spoiler]