News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Dorgon 5000

What about this?

Gelf bird

Health: 40

Speed: NaN

Attack: Air strike

Resistance: none

jak 123x2

I think there should be some shadowling loyalist like hidind in Somnus :-*

Bromtaghon

I believe this is a thread for 'New Enemy Ideas.'  An idea for a Shadowling Loyalist hiding in Somnus is quite interesting but that would belong in the quest ideas thread.  Thank you for your input.

Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

Dorgon- the health is too high for the bird, these enemies will be quite hard to overcome otherwise given that they can strike a target anywhere on the field, practically!

Gelf bird/eagle

Health: 28

Speed: 12

Attack: Claws

That's probably more like it.
Thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steelfist

What about:

Murderer.

Health: 35

Speed: 4

Attack: Knife

Like a weaker version of the assassin. Might be useful if you come into conflict with the Black Rose,

Bromtaghon

Quote from: KZ on July 02, 2010, 05:18:55 PM
Gelf bird/eagle

I thought it could move anywhere? In which case, its speed should be 87 (11 x 8 - 1), eleven and eight being the dimensions of the battlefield, which would allow it to move anywhere but not over walls.  I'm not sure where you got twelve from, though.

MikeW781

Quote from: KZ on July 02, 2010, 05:18:55 PM
Dorgon- the health is too high for the bird, these enemies will be quite hard to overcome otherwise given that they can strike a target anywhere on the field, practically!

Gelf bird/eagle

That's probably more like it.
Thoughts, folks?
i could kill that in one hit! With ANYBODY! The health should be leveled. Maybe 20+(3*Player Level)?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Bromtaghon

It depends on when the mission takes place, mikew- if it's available from the start, that might be reasonable.
I like how the Crypts have mandatory switches that require a certain amount of Psy Power- that's a guideline of how strong your characters should be.
I think the bird's stats are fine.

SmartyPants

Why does the bird have a speed of 12? Why not 3?

I think we should wait for the new Wood-Folk to give his bird a name before we make the bird an enemy.

KZ

I placed 12 as a stand in (didn't have time to work out the proper min number of steps required to cover the whole map). The "proper" number should be 11+7=18 then, this way the bird can get to any area on the map.
im2smart4u- I agree that the name and teammate stats should come first, but this was thrown in to liven up the ideas and give some new food for thought- like an enemy who can cover the entire map in one go and, hence, attack anyone, anywhere, as long as there are no obstacles on the way. Might be difficult to code, might not be, it would be interesting what Craig would say of this.

And indeed, the stats will depend a lot on where in the game one might encounter such an enemy. Forget not though that these "birds" can go after any wounded teammate, so if you cannot kill them quickly, they'll descend on your teammates and kill them off before you can react and deal with them- at least you can run away from other enemies on most of the other maps.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I see where KZ is coming from as the bird could attack any opponent on the battlefield but I also see where im2smart4u is coming from (on the speed part). Why not instead we give the bird an attack that lets it attacks anyone from anywhere on the board. It might be also difficult to code that attack but wouldn't make a compromise.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

For the eagle, one needs to at least change its attack to melee, since every physical attack directly infront of an enemy unit is melee.

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 17, 2010, 10:45:16 PM
Blurp- A large toad that are found in the bogs and forests of Cera Bella.  It can leap great distances to catch its prey.  Known to cause massive damage, the monster's tongue can be launched at great speeds at a target.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )
This unit had as much poplularity as the Wraith, so why wasn't it Formulated?

I also think the Formulated Thorny Vines should change the name to Thorny Vines/Cactus, so the destructable battlefield object can be in multible regions.

KZ

Well, melee is the one I was thinking of originally, but there was talk of a second attack. However, if the bird (in case of teammate) can attack practically everywhere on the field, methinks it is, indeed, better to keep this unit as simple as possible and equip it with just melee.

That's quite easy to answer- when Blurb was discussed, I left the forums and it was forgotten a bit. Plus, as far as I remember, people didn't find the name a bit ludircrous. However, let's see what folks say now- if it's a yes, then we go for it and I'll add it to formulated.

Fair enough, I'll add that in.
Welcome to the forums!

Bromtaghon

@KZ: 18 doesn't allow it to go anywhere if you factor in obstacles.

I like the idea of a frog, especially to add new enemies into the Great Forest.