News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from: Duskling on July 09, 2010, 08:46:17 PM

Pirate
Health: 40
Speed: 3
Attacks: Attack (Regular sword attack), Stab (It should have the same animation as Gamblin' Jack's "Snake Eyes" attack), and Summon (Summons an extra crew member or parrot (really, those things can cause injuries!))
Resitance: None
Description: They look like Pirate Pete and are involved in a side quest involving Malis' spice trade, as in stealing it, or, if they were buisness partners, take it all for themselves.

I think the Summon ability has been discounted before as it would be to hard to code

What do you think of this?

Pirate
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Damage 10), Stab [by Stab I am assuming like Arman's Stab](Range 1, Damage Front: 9, Damage Side: 12, Damage Back: 18)
Counter: Melee (Range 1, Damage 10)

I couldn't kill Pirate Pete, I'm sorry they can't look like him
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on July 09, 2010, 08:46:17 PM
Pirate

Attacks: Attack (Regular sword attack), Stab (It should have the same animation as Gamblin' Jack's "Snake Eyes" attack), and Summon (Summons an extra crew member or parrot (really, those things can cause injuries!))
Description: They look like Pirate Pete and are involved in a side quest involving Malis' spice trade, as in stealing it, or, if they were buisness partners, take it all for themselves.

Below is an attachment of Pirate Pete's TRPG2 figure.
I suggested pirates before and even made a mission to accommodate them, but they never caught anyone's interest.

Summoning parrots is a really bad idea.

Duskling

But you didn't suggest it on this thread, right? I felt like there needed to be a pirate, and I posted it, you didn't, sorry.

Zackirus

Back on Topic: Does everyone like the New Pirate (My improvements over Duskling's Idea) or would they go will the old idea?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

I like the new pirate, just make the Stab do more damage up front, and it looks like the same thing as when Gamblin' Jack does a Snake Eyes attack.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on July 09, 2010, 09:09:45 PM
But you didn't suggest it on this thread, right? I felt like there needed to be a pirate, and I posted it, you didn't, sorry.
It is not race.  I suggested it in the old forums and since few cared, I didn't repost in the new forums.

Quote from: Zackirus on July 09, 2010, 09:14:05 PM
Back on Topic: Does everyone like the New Pirate (My improvements over Duskling's Idea) or would they go will the old idea?
I don't see why pirates can't have just melee like every swordmen enemy.  Pirates don't wear much armor, so their health should be much lower. Stabbing isn't the style of pirates, since they lack stealth.

Duskling

a) Not everyone is from the Old Forums here.

b) Pirates live in the harsh sea most of the time, so I don't think that they necessarily have too much armor on, just that they have more endurance than most people.

Zackirus

I agree with Im2smart4u as pirates don't wear armour however the do need high health. Also stab is supposed to less damage to the the front because melee takes it place

New Stats:

Health: 35
Stab: (Looks like Snake Eyes)

What do you think people think?

- Lord Canada

Duskling

I think that's better, just add all the earlier stats and he/she'll be good to go.

SmartyPants

Pirates uses cutlasses which are designed to slash; not stab.  Also, pirates attack in boarding parties which attack from the front; not from behind which is the style of stab.

Duskling

Fine, you win, post your own stats for the pirate.

Zhampir

you can stab with a cutlass, is just won't be as effective (unless you're very good at it, in which case a stab or jab would be very powerful). why not have two attacks, slash and stab? Slash costing some more psp but being more damaging overall?

Zackirus

I was thinking for the pirate that he would not only have a sword/cutlass but he would have a knife on him somewhere (It seems likely as pirates would carry both)

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on July 10, 2010, 09:38:21 AM
I was thinking for the pirate that he would not only have a sword/cutlass but he would have a knife on him somewhere (It seems likely as pirates would carry both)
Many soldiers would carry two weapons, but they wouldn't continually switch between the two.  Spartains don't continually switch between spears and swords, Marines don't continually switch between M16s and side arms, and pirates don't continually switch between cutlasses and knifes.

Zackirus

Yes but most of their weapons aren't two handed weapons. While holding a cutlass in their right hand they could be holding a knife in their left hand. Even if they weren't they could easily take out a knife if it was the most convient at the time.

- Lord Canada