News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I think that the archer should be equiped with a psy crystal that creates levitation. Really its the only way it could stay up. If you have an idea though I am happy to here it.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

Yeah, maybe the owners of the gliders (Helenites or Mechanics?) have access to the orb that creates levitation and were able to replicate the effects in small shards of crystals.

Zackirus

With The Excavation Golem. It could have a move of zero and the creator could put them only on squares that would support excavation. If the battle doesn't contain any pieces like that than it shouldn't be put it.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I think that this might induce unnecessary limitations with exacavation. How about a golem which fires a very thick, penetrating metal bolt? (Say, range 1-3?) I think that can be done and it won't be crossing the line over too mcuh, since it will be, in essence, a greater version of the crossbow. Thoughts, folks?

For the Glider enemy: how about using the simple idea of a cleverly-constructed wing that allows the human to do a short run-up when there is an obstacle ahead and use the wing to propel themselves over the obstcale such that when the unit is position over it and attacks, it's considered "mid flight", and when it's on the gorund, the unit has, essentially, landed (hence, when surrounded by enemies, he cannot fly over them). Also, with the way the system is crafted, the glide can stay a long time in the air, without the need for it to fall (I guess one would need a double wing system and something to generate local wind- like a small propeller operated by pedals).

Ok, so, with those additions, how about this for the Glider Archer:

Gliding Archer

Health: 25
Speed: 3
Attack: Piercing Crosbow (Range 2-3, Attack: 14)
Counter Attack: Crossbow (Range 2, Attack: 14)
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None

Thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I was about to suggest something like the bolt myself. I like that idea.
Why does the Gliding Archer resist light?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zackirus

Because its wearing "light" armour. Get it!. (I know that wasn't funny)

- Lord Canada

KZ

That's because there is a marksman strapped under it, and they have light-resistant armor (made specifically during the Shadow Wars by the Mechanics to protect the Marksmen from friendly fire originating from the Energy Golems).

Heh, light armor. :P
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

Okay...I guess that works...
About the golem, I don't know if it should be able to fire on a unit directly in front of it? What about you guys?

KZ

Well, I think friendly fire is inevitable in TRPG engine, though it can be toggled these days. I think it can: after all, why should the bolt change its trajectory- it's fired from close range, at high speed, I don't think there will be much curvature involved. Plus, it would remove a disadvantage of having this Golem easily cornered and destroyed, whilst it helplessly tries to run away.
Welcome to the forums!

cyso

Good point. These are the stats I have so far.
Cannon Golem (for lack of better name): Health: 33
Speed: 1
Attack: Bolt Shot (for lack of better name): Damage: 10 Range: 1-3

Zackirus

I Like Cannon Golem, its a good name. Now come up with some more facts about the Golem, and an intro to show how it has been created and works.

- Lord Canada

cyso

Let's see...
After years of competing against the Mechanics, Helena realized she needed a mobile, medium range, heavy hitter golem that would be cheaper and more armored than energy golems. Using various pieces of other golems, she created the cannon golem, capable of firing huge bolts and devastating enemies in its range.

Zackirus

Good Job! Now work on the attacks, costs, power, etc.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

The Golems should be powerful enemies that are easy to avoid.  With a speed of 1 and a range of 1, stone and bronze golems are slow powerhouses.  Despite their unlimited range, energy golems are easy to avoid because of there speed is 0.

By increasing the Golems' range, the golems will be less easy to avoid and therefore they don't fit the golem niche.

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on March 05, 2010, 07:43:07 PM
I think that this might induce unnecessary limitations with exacavation. How about a golem which fires a very thick, penetrating metal bolt? (Say, range 1-3?) I think that can be done and it won't be crossing the line over too mcuh, since it will be, in essence, a greater version of the crossbow. Thoughts, folks?

For the Glider enemy: how about using the simple idea of a cleverly-constructed wing that allows the human to do a short run-up when there is an obstacle ahead and use the wing to propel themselves over the obstcale such that when the unit is position over it and attacks, it's considered "mid flight", and when it's on the gorund, the unit has, essentially, landed (hence, when surrounded by enemies, he cannot fly over them). Also, with the way the system is crafted, the glide can stay a long time in the air, without the need for it to fall (I guess one would need a double wing system and something to generate local wind- like a small propeller operated by pedals).

Ok, so, with those additions, how about this for the Glider Archer:

Gliding Archer

Health: 25
Speed: 3
Attack: Piercing Crosbow (Range 2-3, Attack: 14)
Counter Attack: Crossbow (Range 2, Attack: 14)
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None

Thoughts, folks?

Remember people to say wiether or not you like this enemy and want him to be in the forumulated enemy list

- Lord Canada