News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

The medic is a good idea. Odds are there are healing herbs in Cera Bella.

Cypher

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 02:33:31 PM
The medic is a good idea. Odds are there are healing herbs in Cera Bella.
I'm sure there are.

MikeW781

I like the medic, and agree with im2smart4u (for a change). Not to be rude, but he rarely offers solutions/ improvements, which is probably why I agree with him.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Cypher

I agree too, we need to see a standard before formulating...

SmartyPants

While the healing Mechanic is on hold, does anyone have any new enemy ideas?

ArtDrake

What about an enemy that acts as a battlefield event? The reinforcement timer dings, and a Rain Cloud is spawned:

Rain Cloud

HP: 2
Attacks: Rain Shower (Range: Entire Field, Heals all forms of Tig 15 HP, self-destruct)
Immunity: Physical, Shadow, Light, Cold
Counter: If attacked with Cold, Ice Storm: (Range: Omnidirectional + Self, Damage: 15, self-destruct)

While it's rather controversial, I think it might make for an interesting gameplay twist.

mezzoforte

What do you mean by Tig and self-destruct?

Zackirus

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 21, 2010, 03:08:58 PM
What do you mean by Tig and self-destruct?

Tig is a plant enemy that shoots spores out all around it.

Self-destruct is when something kills itself to hurt something
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

I'm not very attracted to the idea of a rain cloud... but I'm not against it...
(By the way, you forgot to add "mind" to the immunity list of the rain cloud.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

Like I think I might have said-- wait; I didn't. This is an idea for a type of enemy. It could be a different thing, like a medical supply cart reinforcement for the enemy, which heals all the enemies on-screen once it gets to the drop-of point -- if it isn't hijacked by your team first, in which case the counter is a heal self-destruct, showing that you got the medical supplies instead.
It's just an idea.

Another idea:

Paralytic Trap
Sprays a paralytic venom on its target. Hidden in the rocks, so it's immune to mind and physical

Health: 18
Attacks: Poison Spray (Range: 3 in front, Damage: 2, Effect: Speed - 1)

Zackirus

I really don't like the idea as most players would get confused about which were real rocks compared to the trap ones.

I have my own idea for another expansion on the Rainville unit set.

Rainville Shield-Bearer

These armoured warriors don't pack much of a punch but they have high health and hard to kill. They wear heavy armour from head to toe, and they only carry a shield.

Health: 70
Speed: 2
Attacks: Shield Thrust (Range: 1, Damage: 8, Special Effect: It prevents counter-attack)
Resistance: Physical
Immunity: None

Thoughts, Comments, Improvements?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Ertxiem

It's interesting (although I don't know how easy is to disable the counter, but even if that's not possible, it's still an interesting unit).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Mmm, not sure how that can explain the unit preventing a counter-attack, really! I can see it getting reflected, or dealing less damage, but still! Methinks that's a feature that could be used for something like Stab- where the assassin is so fast, no one has quick enough reflexes to respond.

Otherwise- I don't really see an enemy with just a shield becoming an offensive unit and dealing much damage!

What I would actually like to see, is some unit which can use Whirlwind- in fact, why not a Helenite melee units all know how to perform this attack, since Helena taught the rest of them how to use it? Powerful, impressive, deadly.
This unit will definitely be a challenge, with ability to break formations and preventing the player from attacking the unit an all sides, unless they're going for a sure kill.

Helenite Swordsman
Health: 40
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 12), Whirlwind (Range: Omnidirectional; Damage: 10)
Resistance: none
Immunity: none

Thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

ArtDrake

At the point in the game during which it would be introduced, most people can do a sure kill on an enemy with 40 HP, because it would have to go after the execution rescue. Maybe the HP could be upped a bit?

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on September 03, 2010, 06:35:16 PM
Mmm, not sure how that can explain the unit preventing a counter-attack, really! I can see it getting reflected, or dealing less damage, but still! Methinks that's a feature that could be used for something like Stab- where the assassin is so fast, no one has quick enough reflexes to respond.

Otherwise- I don't really see an enemy with just a shield becoming an offensive unit and dealing much damage!

I was thinking that the shield bearer would hit the enemy with the shield and as Griffin counter-attacks, the shield bearer would use his shield to block the blow. If that doesn't work then it would simply half the damage caused by counter-attack

It is not supposed to be a offensive unit. It is supposed to be a defensive unit. That is why it is slow and has low attack. I meant for the shield bearer to protect achers and healers.

I like your Helenite Swordsmen idea though

- Lord Canada