News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Yay for the Mechanic Major.

ArtDrake

KZ

I shall abstain from voting: although I like the idea, though I am not convinced that the said unit (Mechanics Major) is the best manifestation of the idea in the Telepath universe.

bugfartboy- what say you to the Helenite Captain (unit with whirlwind)? 1-2 more votes and it's on formulated.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I'm slightly against the Mechanics Major. It seems interesting to me but looking at his stats he's little more than a sharp rock (you can hurt yourself if you go against it, but it's easy to avoid).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 04, 2010, 07:55:56 PM
I'm slightly against the Mechanics Major. It seems interesting to me but looking at his stats he's little more than a sharp rock (you can hurt yourself if you go against it, but it's easy to avoid).
I would agree completely if you didn't say it "seems interesting".

ArtDrake

Let me guess: the "slightly" part is also not your cup of tea?

bugfartboy

I'm not sure. I havn't read about the Helenite Captain yet. I'll update this when I have a vote.

Helenite Captain Update: I vote Yay.

Cypher

Helenite captain/mechanic's major ideas: yay.

cyso

I vote yay on the Helenite Captain, not so sure about the Mechanic Major.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Right, folks!
The Helenite Captain goes trhough with 9 "yay"s! Thanks folks!

The Mechanic major is not likely to make the cut: so far we have 4 no and 2 yes.
I suggest the idea is either dropped, or somehow changed/re-presented in some other forum if it is to stand a chance, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

The Holy namelesskitty

how about "Sand Cat"

Health: 17
PsP: 0
Speed: 7

Attacks:
Slash: 7damage
Pounce (or flying slash of pounce is taken): moves forward one then attacks character in front of it like slash but loses two health.

(is that how I format it?)
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 01:00:15 PM
how about "Sand Cat"

Health: 17
PsP: 0
Speed: 7

Attacks:
Slash: 7damage
Pounce (or flying slash of pounce is taken): moves forward one then attacks character in front of it like slash but loses two health.

(is that how I format it?)
7 Speed. Nay! Nay! Nay!

ArtDrake

Cats can outrun humans anyday, and I think that's the point. Maybe they could only be included in zones where there's a fly-zone obstacle wall to hide behind.

The Holy namelesskitty

exactly, if you insist then I can reduce it to six speed, but I've been outrun by house cats many times, and yes I was thinking along the same lines as duckling.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 06, 2010, 01:13:36 PM
exactly, if you insist then I can reduce it to six speed, but I've been outrun by house cats many times, and yes I was thinking along the same lines as duckling.
In case you haven't noticed, there is only one enemy with a speed over 3.  That is because it is really, really hard to code an enemy with a speed of 4.  I will vote "nay" to any enemy with speeds greater than 4, because there is no possiblity it will be put into the game.